The only question around Dirk Nowitzki’s return to the Dallas Mavericks was “how much?”
The “will he” part was never in doubt. In the least. The guy was in the room as part of Dallas’ pitch to free agent Carmelo Anthony.
The question was money. Nowitzki said during the season he would take a pay cut to help the team have money to go after more free agents like ‘Melo.
How much? About $10 million a year, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
Nowitzki basically confirmed this.
(Mavs Fan For Life.)
Nowitzki can’t actually put pen to paper until the signing moratorium ends July 10. The the deal is done.
With Dirk at $10 million the Mavericks would have $16,467,804 to sign someone (if they renounce all their free agents, such as Shawn Marion), according to our own Dan Feldman. That’s not likely to land them Anthony, but it can add some quality to a roster that did take the Spurs to seven games in the first round.
This is likely the last contract for the 36-year-old future Hall of Famer. Even though he has 17 years on a bunch of the guys just drafted he remains as versatile and lethal a scorer as there is in the league. Last season he averaged 21.7 points a game with a ridiculous true shooting percentage of .603. He shot 39.8 percent from three, has good footwork, hits off-balance shots as well as anyone in the league, and if he gets the ball at the elbow the defender is toast (everybody copies the one-legged fade away).
Nowitzki’s $10 million figure is about what fellow Texas NBA legend Tim Duncan took to give the Spurs some flexibility. Nowitzki can only hope it works out as well.
- Report: Nene returning to Rockets on four-year, $15 million contract
- Report: Raptors signing Norman Powell to four-year, $42 million contract extension - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- High Cost of Living in History: The $30 Million Town House?
- London pays tribute to figures of 2020 as some ignore Covid restrictions to see in new year
- South Asia crosses 30 million COVID-19 cases as India battles second wave
- New Year travel curbs give Chinese economy cause for celebration
- Report: Trail Blazers re-sign Jusuf Nurkic to four-year, $48 million contract
- REPORT: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott Gets A $160 Million Deal
- NBA free agency: Raptors to re-sign Fred VanVleet for 4 years, $85 million, per report
- Titans of Real Estate in ‘Shock’ Over New York Rent Law Deal
- Team SoloMid Renamed TSM FTX In $210 Million Deal With Crypto Firm
- Social Media Usage Soars During New Years in Thailand
- Drunk Drivers Still the Major Cause of Road Fatalities Over New Years
- Prime Day 2021 Deals Preview: Two Days, More Than 2 Million Deals, Starting June 21 in Singapore
- Regions Bank agrees to buy home improvement lender in $960 million deal
- As expected, Warriors, Stephen Curry reach agreement on five-year, $201 million “super max” contract
- Bitcoin Mining Corp Buys $30 Million of Nvidia CMP GPUs
- Rare lobster saved from being dinner at Red Lobster: 'One in every 30 million'
- Amid rumours of ‘pro’ model, Nintendo reportedly plans to produce 30 million Switch consoles this fiscal year
- Philippines to get 30 million doses of Novavax jab by Q2-Q3, says envoy
Report: Mavericks, Dirk Nowitzki reach terms on new three-year, $30 million deal have 557 words, post on nbcprobasketballtalk.wordpress.com at July 3, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.