Four mothers who epitomise everything that’s awful about Britain By Jan Moir for the Daily Mail Published: 01:31 BST, 18 April 2014 | Updated: 11:38 BST, 18 April 2014 e-mail 13 shares 19 View Motherhood is a trial, a blessing, a gift. Most mums will tell you that having a baby is the one single thing that made sense of their lives, made them complete, made them whole.Having a family is the best thing they ever did — how many times have we heard that? Yet tragically, not everyone thinks that way.Out on the margins of society, a baby can be many things: an afterthought, a hindrance, a means to an end, a terrible surprise. They are bundles of joy not for their precious little selves, but for their merits elsewhere. Most notoriously of all, as tokens to be bartered to ensure better housing and benefits.All of this in a society which actively encourages women to do so. Where did we go so wrong?Two mothers are in the news this week . . . no, let’s make that four mothers. A quartet of mums who, between them, epitomise everything that is bad and getting worse about this country. Most shocking is the case of… Read full this story
- Ja Morant is here to distract you from that awful NBA team you root for
- Bracketology 2019: Is this season’s bubble really that awful?
- That Awful Belgian GP Crash Would've Been Way Worse Without the Halo
- Chrissy epitomises spirit of the GAA
- Great Britain win six medals at Euro Cross Country
- So near, yet so far, as Britain's women fourth in World Cup final
- Ford of Britain appoints Neil Wilson as fleet director
- Britain Finally Qualifies In IIHF After 25 Years, Gets First Win
- Mesut Ozil slammed by Arsenal fans for ‘awful’ dummy before Saints winner
- 1967 Chevy El Camino – Mothers Know Best
Four mothers who epitomise everything that's awful about Britain have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 18, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.