The Today anchor and Michael Feldman surprised their weekend wedding guests with happy news
We interrupt this cocktail hour with breaking news.
The mariachi band serenading Savannah Guthrie and Michael Feldman down the aisle after their "I do's" was not the only surprise in store for guests at the couple's hush-hush weekend wedding.
Just as family and friends – an intimate gathering of 80 to 90 people – were sitting down to dinner, NBC anchor Guthrie, 42, and Feldman, 45, said a few thank-yous and reminded guests to keep the nuptials secret until Guthrie could announce it herself on air on Today Monday morning.
That's when the DJ hit "play" on a recording of the NBC News "Special Report" music, an insider at Saturday's sunset celebration outside Guthrie's hometown of Tucson, Ariz., tells PEOPLE.
"Savannah looked at Mike, and said, 'So, should we break some news? Okay. I – we – are four months pregnant!' It was an explosive moment. Everyone was on their feet, cheering," the source reports.
Among the immediate family and handful of closest friends were Jon and Dorothea Bon Jovi, whom Feldman (a Washington D.C. communications strategist) befriended through his work in the Clinton-Gore White House, and Guthrie's Today co-hosts Matt Lauer , Al Roker , Hoda Kotb and Willie Geist.
Guthrie, who dated Feldman for four years before the couple's engagement last May , had their wedding date on the calendar – and her Monique Lhuillier gown already bought – when she learned this winter that she was expecting, the insider says.
It will be the first child for both Guthrie and Feldman, who met in 2008 when she tagged along with a mutual friend to his 40th birthday party. They started dating the following spring.
Just last August, Guthrie told ELLE , "I would love to have kids. I hope so, if we're lucky and blessed, but who knows what life holds, you know? I'm 41 years old."
After flying straight back to New York for work on Monday morning, Guthrie, who plans to keep her last name, will take a honeymoon (call it a combo honey-babymoon?) in April. Lauer tells PEOPLE: "She's a hard-working lady."
For more exclusive photos and all the inside details from the wedding, see the upcoming issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.
- NBC's Guthrie presses Trump on spreading conspiracy theory: You're not someone's 'crazy uncle' who can retweet whatever
- Will we see a female line-up on the Today show? Claims Georgie Gardner will co-host Nine's morning flagship program with Allison Langdon or Deborah Knight after Karl Stefanovic is axed
- Today's Al Roker shares new update after announcing devastating cancer diagnosis
- Bride-to-be, 23, dies from botched liposuction weeks before wedding after going to clinic to look good for big day
- Moderator Agitator
- Takes a Much-Needed Break From Politics
- 'We love you honey!' Hoda Kotb celebrates her fiance Joel Schiffman's 62nd birthday in quarantine with their two daughters - as her mother FaceTimes in to join the family party
- 'Happy Warrior' Vs 'Confused Great Uncle': What Has the Trump-Biden Town Halls Duel Exposed?
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Democrats break fundraising records in Senate races
- Fox News host Laura Ingraham says Donald Trump should accept 'the unfavorable outcome' of the election with 'grace and composure' as Rupert Murdoch's outlets shift tone to prepare for president's defeat
- Is Richard Simmons missing? Or is he just dearly missed?
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden grabs lead in Pennsylvania, Georgia
- NBC employees lash out at network after announcing Trump town hall: 'I‘m disgusted by my home network'
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Joe Biden wins presidency, elected 46th U.S. president
- Leslie Jones Says Waiting for 2020 Election Votes to Be Counted Is Like an STD Test
- Cindy McCain Explains Her Endorsement for Joe Biden: 'I'm Deeply Concerned'
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden advances toward closing deal in Pennsylvania, Nevada
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden touts ‘clear and convincing’ tallies — ‘We’re going to win this race’
- Biden backers celebrate with a dance to Trump's campaign song 'YMCA' in the Philadelphia streets as the National Guard stands by while Alex Jones riles up armed fans of the president outside a count center in Arizona
- Donald Trump calls election 'stolen' before heading for the golf course AGAIN - as Don Jr. and Eric call for a 'manual recount' amid signs of family split after Jared tells his father-in-law it's time to quit
Savannah Guthrie Pregnant: Today Anchor Wed Saturday have 792 words, post on people.com at March 17, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.