Eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao is back in his element at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California.
Pacquiao failed to attend his first workout on Monday citing jet lag as the reason.
But the Sarangani province Representative has already regained his old fiery form, nipping sparring mates on his first training on Wednesday.
Steve Angeles of ABS-CBN North America News Bureau reported that Pacquiao had bloodied the nose of one of his sparmates with his deadly straight left. American trainer Freddie Roach and strength and conditioning expert Justine Fortune are handling the training program of Pacquiao.
“I told Manny the other day, Manny, you have the best jab in the world and it drives me crazy that you don’t use it. In sparring, I’ve been getting him to double, triple and even throw four at a time. It sets up this left hand well,” Roach told Vitorio Hernandez of International Business Times.
The Filipino champion will be challenging American Timothy Bradley for the World Boxing Organization welterweight crown on April 12 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Pacquiao is looking to knockout Bradley to set up a rematch against Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez or a possible match versus undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.
The 35-year-old Pacquiao lost to Bradley via split decision in their first meeting on June 6, 2012 then absorbed a devastating sixth-round knockout defeat to Marquez on December 8, 2012.
In 2013, Pacquiao bounced back with a unanimous decision win over Brandon Rios held at The Venetian in Macau, China.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West look jet-lagged as they arrive back at LAX with North ...after three-country tour in just eight days
- West Indies shake off travel, jet lag and isolation as training starts for New Zealand tour
- Conor McGregor shows off dramatic new haircut as UFC icon jokes ‘everyone knows baldy can box’ amid Pacquiao fight talks
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott arrive back in LA via private jet with daughter Stormi, two, after reuniting for fun-filled weekend getaway
- Mark Gatiss' train trip through Japan
- ‘The Jets Should Show Up And Be Competitive,’ Says SportsLine’s Larry Hartstein On 49ers Matchup
- TFL is given 11th hour bailout that will keep trains, tubes and busses running for two weeks as ministers hash out long-term deal with Mayor Sadiq Khan
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Says Pro Sports Teams Can Hold Training Camps In State
- ‘It’s Time To Go Back To Work’: Actress Sunny Leone Returns to India, Gears Up for ‘New Adventure’
- On the road again! Tube, train and bus journeys drop as traffic levels show commuters taking their cars to work in London - but congestion falls in other cities
- Crawford returns to ring in title defense against Brook
- Broncos are still many things, but after beating N.Y. Jets on Thursday night, at least they’re not winless
- Morning Digest: Joe Biden wins key States in U.S. presidential election, three more Rafale jets arrive in India, and more
- Explosive No Time To Die trailer shakes, stirs and has the Phoebe touch
- Migrant workers in India struggle to shake off coronavirus disruption
- U.S. Soldiers Get Just Four Hours of Ebola Training
- Strictly's Maisie Smith treats herself to a McDonald's as she returns to training
- Phil Collins’ ex HAD to stay in his $40m home or she’d be ‘wheelchair bound’ due to injury as pics show jet-setting life
- Burning injustice aboard the Brussels gravy train: The EU claims Britain is flouting the law over Brexit. But read ROBERT HARDMAN's devastating account of the whistleblower who exposed rank corruption at its heart - and decide who is the real villain
- The Trouble With Johnny Depp
PACQUIAO SHAKES OFF JET LAG, RETURNS TO TRAINING have 597 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at March 14, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.