The U.S. business and technology news website described the 11 people on the unranked list as those who “played a crucial role in the development of these programs, whether by creating a crucial feature or starting an important trend.”
Nguyen Ha Dong, or Dong Nguyen, was listed thanks to his Flappy Bird game, which became the most downloaded app on both Apple’s App Store and Google Play Store for Android devices last month.
“After he pulled his game from the App Store, other developers began imitating this model of mobile gaming: create a simplistic character, have it fly through a number of basic obstacles, and watch the app climb the charts,” Business Insider said of Dong’s achievement in the list published on March 22.
The Vietnamese game developer removed Flappy Bird from the app stores on February 10, but revealed in a recent Twitter message that he will resurrect his addicted game for both Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android platforms with a revamp.
Other remarkable names include Foursquare founder and CEO Dennis Crowley, who helped usher in the popularity of location-based software, and Amanda Wixted, who is responsible for creating the first Pac-Man for iPhone game, as well as bringing Facebook’s famous game FarmVille to the mobile platform.
The men behind the most popular smartphone operating systems, Android and iOS, are also honored.
Matias Duarte, who joined Google in 2010 as the head of design for the conglomerate’s operating system Android, was selected for his contributions on touch-screen tech to the development of Android, which claims a 78.1 percent market share now, according to data from International Data Corporation.
Duarte’s first project for Google was Android 3.0, also known as Honeycomb.
The Apple representative is Jony Ive, who Business Insider says is “the creative mind behind the rehabilitation of Apple’s OS design.”
- Game with hidden Ruby interpreter pulled from Nintendo Switch eShop
- Scorpio rising: Microsoft's plans for Xbox One and the future of video games
- Beyond ‘Animal Crossing:’ What those making your favorite games are playing
- The best iPhone games currently available (May 2020)
- The rise of data and the death of politics
- The Best Board Games You Can Play Right Now
- The Best Board Games You Can Play At Home
- Shamed Neil Ferguson's lover said lockdown 'strained' her open marriage to lookalike husband a day after the couple enjoyed secret tryst - as Matt Hancock says he's 'speechless'
- Newt Gingrich: Coronavirus modeling – how our hysterical culture led to this reaction to pandemic
Flappy Bird creator among world's most influential app devs have 473 words, post on at March 26, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.