Block & Tackle previews the upcoming weekend of NFL football. Sunday’s Super Bowl will be the mass media event of the year. It’s almost certain that more than 100 million Americans will tune in to watch. The game will be on the front page of every newspaper, and it will be the prime topic of conversation when you go to work on Monday. Maybe none of this matters to you. That’s fine! As long as you know that no one gives two shits about your decision not to watch the Super Bowl. Advertisement I’m talking to you, the graduate student who tweets “Time to catch up on my Proust” two minutes before kickoff. May you be struck with the flu on the day of your dissertation defense. And to you, the parent who takes his kids sledding on Super Bowl Sunday and posts a picture to Instagram with the caption “What football game?” Oh, and of course you applied the “1977” photo filter. May your firstborn face-plant into the nearest snowbank, and may you capture the moment in tilt-shifted, high-dynamic-range, desaturated glory. I understand the impulse to push back. The frenzy surrounding the game is feverish and maddeningly insubstantial—it seems… Read full this story
- This Week in Gaming Social Media: Super Bowl Sunday…?
- The Super Bowl Shakeout Stakeout
- DT Daily: Star Wars Eps VIII and IX, MKX Super Bowl faceoff, FAA warns drone pilots
- HD DVD to Make Last Stand During Super Bowl
- Madden Twitter Account Makes Fun of Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Play
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Get New Trailer During Super Bowl LII
- Philadelphia Super Bowl Riots Reaction 'Glaring Example of White Privilege'
- New Super Luigi U Hidden Luigis Locations Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey Goombette Locations Guide – Where to Find All Goombette
- Brunswick Pro Bowling
Nobody cares that you don’t care about the Super Bowl have 292 words, post on aux.avclub.com at January 30, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.