Annie remake: first pictures of Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx, Rose Byrne and Quvenzhane Wallis in new big screen versión of 1977 musical
There was an all-singing, all-dancing extravaganza on the streeets of Harlem this week as Cameron Diaz joined her castmates from the new film version of musical Annie in singing the production’s iconic song Tomorrow . Jamie Foxx , Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Rose Byrne.
The big production was a marked departure from the song’s treatment in the original big screen version of the musical, during which little orphan Annie sings the track on her own.
Cameron takes on the role of the baddie in the movie – playing mean Miss Hannigan, the cruel supervisor of the orphanage where Annie has been left by her parents.
Meanwhile Jamie is Benjamin Stacks, a wealthy politician who invites Annie to come and live with him, and Rose is his faithful personal assistant.
The title role of Annie is taken on by ten-year-old Quvenzhane in the film, which is being produced by Jay-Z and Will Smith.
This will be the third big screen adaption of the 1977 musical which won seven Tony Awards.
The original starred child star Aileen Quinn in the title role and the 1999 version’s big stars included Kathy Bates, who took on the role of Miss Hannigan.
- Oscar Nominee Quvenzhané Wallis Will Join the Cast of Black-ish Later This Season
- Taylor Swift shows off her legs in bold Versace set as Jessica Alba and Sarah Hyland take the plunge in low-cut ensembles at the 2019 Teen Choice Awards
- The It List: Apple TV+ debuts, new Princess Di doc explores her relationship with her 'wicked' stepmother, Miranda Lambert drops 'Wildcard' and the best in pop culture the week of October 28, 2019
- “Get out of bed!”: Music that gets you going in the morning
- Donal Logue on
- Recode Daily: China’s Huawei prepares to sue the US government; its CFO has already sued Canada
Cameron Diaz joins Annie castmates in singing Tomorrow on set in Harlem have 328 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at December 3, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.