Jim Kelly intends to deal with the cancer found in his upper jaw bone much like the Hall of Fame quarterback has approached many of the challenges in his life. ”You have to confront them head on. And this is just another one,” Kelly said Monday after revealing he’s been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. Kelly drew upon his family, faith and perseverance when facing major hurdles. Kelly leaned on those strengths to help overcome the death of his son, Hunter, and of his mother, and whatever obstacles stood in his way on the football field. ”I’m down at the bottom. But I will rise to the top again,” Kelly said. ”I am extremely confident in my road to recovery. I plan to tackle this challenge head on, as we Kellys always do.” Informed of the diagnosis two weeks ago, Kelly called the prognosis for recovery ”very good.” He said tests show the cancer is isolated to the jaw. Doctors plan to remove part of Kelly’s jaw during an operation at a Buffalo hospital on Friday. It won’t be determined until after surgery whether he will require chemotherapy ”We caught it in time,” the 53-year-old Kelly said. ”It’s just another… Read full this story
- Fund-raising event in Chennai to help patients battling cancer
- Awaiting justice, Naqeebullah Mehsud’s father passes away battling cancer
- 'Grease' Star Didi Conn Reveals Olivia Newton-John Health Update as She Battles Cancer for the Third Time
- Ex-hair model slams 'mate' who told her to 'man up' as she battles cancer
- Mum battling cancer vows to give her kids a Christmas they’ll never forget
- After Battling Cancer, Hip Surgery, Ex-President Carter Still Thriving at 95
- WATCH: Varun Dhawan dancing with kids battling cancer is the cutest thing you'll see today!
- Former BBC presenter Bill Turnbull reveals how his battle with prostate cancer has 'become relentlessly boring' after 10 rounds of chemo and how he begged to end treatment
- Records of singer’s legal battle with ex-wife to be released
- Former hair model, 26, who is battling brain tumour and bone cancer reveals how friend told her to 'man up' when she said she was too sick to leave the house
Kelly battling cancer of the jaw have 367 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 2, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.