(VEN) – One of Quang Ninh’s solutions to improving provincial tourism in the last month was to promote an environmental clean-up campaign so as to provide tourists with a better impression of the province.
Drastic and synchronous solutions
Many tourists to Quang Ninh used to be bothered by hawkers, beggars, and touts clinging around them or being overcharged at local restaurants.
Although local authorities applied measures to eliminate these issues, their efforts seemed not strong enough, and therefore, provincial tourism was effected.
Quang Ninh Province’s People’s Committee has actively directed, inspected, and handled these issues and also violations in tourism operation at some tourist sites including Bai Chay, Hoang Gia International Park, Youth Beach, and Bai Chay Tourist Boat Port.
Last month for example, Ha Long Bay Management Board, Quang Ninh’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and Quang Ninh Province’s People’s Committee coordinated to handle 16 violations by seafood business, 10 street sellers, and five restaurants violating urban regulations; and organized 48 local tourism inspections within Bai Chay Ward.
Quang Ninh’s Market Surveillance Department has announced four hotlines including 033.3822232 (Division of Investigation and Profession), 033.3825416 (Market Surveillance Team 5 in charge of controlling tourism activities in Ha Long City), 033.3827189 (Market Surveillance Team 1, in charge of controlling tourism activities on Ha Long Bay), and 033.3629567 (Market Surveillance Team 14 in charge of detecting and seizing fake goods).
According to Quang Ninh’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 3.7 million tourists came to visit Quang Ninh over the past four months, including more than one million international tourists, accounting for 49 percent of the province’s annual plan and an increase of 17 percent over the same period of last year. Only in April, 759 500 visitors came to Quang Ninh. Quang Ninh’s total revenue from tourism activities in the first four months hit VND1.74 trillion. During Ha Long Carnival and holidays of April 30 and May 1, about 15,000 visitors came to Ha Long every day.
Despite an increase in tourist number during holidays, local authorities managed to control tourism activities across the city and bay of Ha Long including recreation centers, motels, and hotels, helping tourists fully enjoy their tours.
Tran Thi Ngoc, a tourist from Hanoi, said “I was impressed by the marine tourism environment being cleaner than four years ago when I was there. Also, I was not bothered by street sellers and touts; and I wasn’t overcharged at restaurants.”
Mrs. Marita, an Australian tourist, said “Ha Long Bay really deserves its world heritage title, as one of the new natural wonders of the world. I have been visiting fishing villages on the bay, exploring and experiencing the simple life here. It’s great. We’ve experienced enthusiastic and friendly staff.”
In the coming time, Quang Ninh Province’s People’s Committee will continue to work with relevant agencies to check and handle violations in tourism businesses in the province and raise local people awareness over the need for conservation of Ha Long, and more civilized behavior./.
- Second Gelex solar farm kicked off in Ninh Thuan
- China Looks to Be Largest Clean Energy Car Market in the World by 2020
- Recharge Wrap-up: 2015 clean energy highlights, Jon Favreau talks Tesla Model X
- Recharge Wrap-up: Halliburton pays to clean up LA air, Wheego switches role to autonomous tech supplier
- Former ‘Clean Diesel’ Maker Wins Notorious Harvard Prize
- Recharge Wrap-up: PA extends green car rebate, Zero Motorcycles awarded $1M grant
- Some cars to be as clean as electric train travel by 2020
- Kinetic Green launches Safar e-three-wheeler at Rs 1.28 lakh
- Sweden’s Clean Motion to expand operations
- The Truth About Green Patents
- CII calls for Indian auto industry to invest more in green tech
- 'Clean Diesel' leaves dirty taste for green-minded VW owners
- Solar and clean-energy jobs easily outpace oil sector
- LC Super Hybrid voted BEEAs Green Product of the Year
- Jay Skurski's Bills Mailbag: Does a win in Green Bay change the outlook of the season?
- Blind Spot: It Ain’t Easy Being Green
- Workers At LG Chem Plant On Furlough As Green Jobs Wilt
- GST gets green signal, set to be an industry game-changer
- Is Green the Auto Industry’s New Black?
- REVIEW Skoda Octavia Green E Line - Octavia media
Quang Ninh develops green and clean tourism have 684 words, post on vietnamtourism.gov.vn at May 21, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.