Forget about shooting from downtown, George Washington University basketball players will be pulling up from the White House — and the Capitol and the Washington Monument — next season. The university became the latest program to bring part of the community inside the gym when it unveiled plans for a new court on Monday, which features images of the three Washington landmarks. “When people around the world are watching our games, we want them to immediately recognize and understand the university’s unique setting in the middle of the action in this world-class city,” GW athletic director Patrick Nero said in a press release. The images will be on the sideline across from the team benches and one baseline will be stamped GEORGE WASHINGTON while the other reads #RaiseHigh. The Twitter hashtag is a reference to a phrase in the school’s fight song, and has been used as a social media rallying cry, but it could prove to be a short-lived addition given the NCAA’s ruling earlier this month to outlaw the use of Twitter handles or hashtags on football fields (the ruling was specific to the gridiron). Nevertheless, the design appears to be a hit. “Pardon the pun, but it’s… Read full this story
- Miami AD: ‘No one’ has been offered basketball job
- George Washington 72, Fordham 52
- A Cowboys fan in the White House?
- George Washington 77, Sacred Heart 38
- Keselowski honored at White House
- Falcons looking for new home in Atlanta
- AP source: White Sox’s Williams, Hahn promoted
- Washington State signs QB Bruggman
- No. 18 New Mexico rallies for 75-67 win over USC
- Jaguars open camp to new coach’s beat
George Washington University’s new basketball court design includes White House, Capitol and Washington Monument have 273 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 21, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.