Described as a cross between Meet the Press meets Jackass, Raising McCain is the name for Meghan McCain‘s latest vehicle. On Thursday, FishbowlNY spoke to Evan Shapiro, the president McCain’s new network, pivot (no, they don’t capitalize the ‘P’). Shapiro told FishbowlNY that they expect McCain to resonate with a new generation of television watchers. “Millennials view her as an authentic person and respond to her outspokenness and transparency,” Shapiro said. “When pivot ‘focus grouped’ McCain’s viability, respondents concurred.”“The temptation is to take your life and Bravo-ize it,” Shapiro said of McCain’s upcoming program, suggesting that a boilerplate reality show was the original concept behind Raising McCain. But the program has since “morphed” into something that both McCain and her political parents are proud to release to the public. Shapiro lashed out at Tucker Carlson, the co-creator of The Daily Caller, which recently published a cartoon featuring McCain in a low-cut top and mocking her for being inarticulate. Shapiro called the cartoon “disgusting and misogynistic.” “A guy in his position to have said the things he did should be ashamed of himself,” Shapiro added of Carlson himself. In a press release announcing the upcoming show, Raising McCain was described as… Read full this story
- 'The View's' Abby Huntsman Says Tucker Carlson's Comments on Pay Equality Are 'Different' From the Man She Knew
- Tucker Carlson Blames Higher-Earning Women For 'Men In Decline'
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson: Women Refuse To Marry Men Making Less Money, Feminism Has Negative Side Effects
- Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Advertisers Boycott: These Companies Have Suspended Support After Anti-Immigrant Comments
- Fox News Host Tucker Carlson Reiterates Claim Immigrants Make America 'Poorer and Dirtier' Even as Advertisers Flee
- Fox News's Tucker Carlson Claims Migrants Make America 'Poorer' and 'Dirtier'
- Meghan McCain Slams Donald Trump, Says She'll Continue Fighting Putin Because U.S. President Won't
- Meghan McCain Writes Emotional Letter Of Grief 3 Months After John McCain’s Death
- 'The View's Meghan McCain Says Trump Isn't on 'Path to Impeachment,' but Co-Host Sunny Hostin Disagrees
- 'The View's' Meghan McCain Responds After Twitter User Criticizes Her Christmas Eve Note to John McCain
Meghan McCain’s New Boss Dishes On Her ‘Authentic’ Reality Show, Trashes ‘Misogynistic’ Tucker Carlson have 356 words, post on www.mediaite.com at April 4, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.