At 59, Johnni Southerland was overweight and often tired. Now she’s slim, energetic, and happier than ever. Here’s her remarkable store, in her own word:Even though I ate whatever I wanted growing up and I’ve never been athletic—I’d take a nap over a walk any day—I was always thin. I didn’t even have to worry about baby weight. The most I weighed during both of my pregnancies in my mid-20s was 127 pounds. Still, that felt like a lot because I’m only 5-foot-1, and I was used to weighing around 104. But as soon as I started breast-feeding, I could eat like a pig and the pounds would melt off.That all changed when I hit my 40s. My metabolism slowed down and the scale started to climb.More from Prevention: What’s Your Metabolism Type?I’d also been a smoker for years and tried to stop a few times, which started me on a yo-yo; I’d go up a few pounds each time I quit and back down when I started smoking again. I did step aerobics for about a year to get back in shape, but I had to stop when I hurt my left knee.Still, my weight didn’t really take off… Read full this story
- I plan to lose 200 pounds with the help of these gadgets, accessories, and apps
- Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 (4K) review: A powerhouse with mediocre battery life
- Fitbit Versa smartwatch Review
- John McAfee Fled to Belize, But He Couldn't Escape Himself
- Eating better: How social media and tech help me make healthier choices
- Best Apple Watch apps we've used in 2019
- Jogging Is the Best Weapon Against 'Obesity Genes'
- THR Emmy Roundtable: 6 Drama Actresses on Death Threats, Post-Baby Auditions
How To Lose 30 Pounds With Yoga have 290 words, post on www.prevention.com at February 12, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.