Hoang Anh Tuan, currently leading Khanh Hoa club, will become the head coach of the Vietnam’s national football team and the U-22 squad, some Vietnam Football Federation officials confirmed on Friday, though no contract has ever been closed.
Tuan will fill the vacancy Phan Thanh Hung left at the national team after he resigned in December 2012 following unwanted results at the 2012 AFF Suzuki Cup.
“Although the final announcement can only be made at the VFF meeting on January 8, it’s almost certainly that Tuan will take the national wheel,” confirmed VFF general secretary Ngo Le Bang.
Earlier on Thursday, Tuan left Khanh Hoa for Hanoi to work with the VFF, and the two sides have reached certain agreements, Bang said.
Tuan is expected to sign a three-year contract with the national team on a VND200 million monthly wage.
“Basically I have agreed with the clauses VFF proposed in the future contract,” he told Tuoi Tre.
The 45-year-old started his coaching career in 2007 with the U-21 Khanh Hoa. He has been sticking with Khatoco Khanh Hoa at the V-League over the last few years, and is deemed the “king of no-relegation” as the best he could do is keeping the club from relegation rather than achieving high rankings.
The highest position Tuan has been through is being the assisting coach cum interpreter to Phan Thanh Hung last year.
While VFF general secretary has asserted on the fact that Tuan will take the helm at the national team, the appointment in fact has to be approved by the VFF standing committee, and later, the General Department of Sports and Physical Training.
Surprisingly enough, two chief officials from the standing committee, VFF deputy chairmen Pham Ngoc Vien and LE Hung Dung, told VnExpress that they have yet to make up their minds on the case of Tuan.
“Choosing Tuan is only the opinion of several individuals, while the standing committee has yet to release any official announcement,” Dung was quoted by the newswire as saying.
“The final decision will be made on January 8,” he concluded.
It is thus not certainly that Tuan will become the second domestic coach to be in charge of the national team.
Insiders meanwhile have expressed their concerns over the choice of Tuan, as he does not have many impressive achievements.
Sources also say that some VFF officials favor the option of hiring foreign coach as Hung has proven that a domestic coach is yet to be able to lead the national team to success.
- Transparent roof, observation lounge and WiFi: Indian Railways unveils new 'Vistadome' tourist coaches
- Vikings’ Banged-Up Defense Sinks To New Depths Against Saints
- Market strategists bullish about 2021 despite uncertainties
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 9
- Vietnam reaffirms leadership role as ASEAN Chair amid pandemic
- NFL Coaching Carousel—Five Most Attractive NFL Teams for Candidates
- PM orders suspending flights from countries, territories with new SARS-CoV-2 variants
- Reports: Notre Dame safeties coach Terry Joseph heading to Texas
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 10
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 31
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 7
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 8
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 31
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 4
- Vietnam has 90% chance to attend FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023: head coach
- PepsiCo Foods Vietnam among top 10 Best Employers
- US labels Vietnam currency manipulator in improper move
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 9
Uncertainty remains over new Vietnam coach have 541 words, post on at January 5, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.