In The Look of Love, Steve Coogan’s latest assignment is Paul Raymond, the Liverpool-born “King of Soho” whose great wealth and success were mirrored by personal tragedy. This is meaty material and Coogan carries the movie with aplomb, although Matt Greenhalgh’s script dilutes what could have been a more deeply satisfying drama into something that feels episodic.Michael Winterbottom. This is their fourth collaboration after 24 Hour Party People, A Cock & Bull Story and The Trip and it shows in an authoritative performance that is rooted in a trusting partnership. Imogen Poots is feisty and assured as Raymond’s doomed offspring Debbie, who enlists her flamboyant father’s help in an ill-fated career as a singer. Raymond, it seems, adored strong women and those who got close to him are portrayed as such. Anna Friel plays his wife Jean, who ultimately secures a record divorce settlement, while Tamsin Egerton is ravishing but no fool as the glamour model girlfriend Fiona Richmond, an entrepreneurial spirit herself who also moves on when the womanising gets too much. Occasionally there is a tinge of Alan Partridge in Raymond, and I won’t put it any stronger than that. It must be a nightmare being a comedy… Read full this story
- How to Make a Guy Fall in Love - Get Him Out of Your Dreams and Into Your Life!
- DVD Catalog Software is the Right Gift For a Film Buff
- Why Looks Don't Matter to Women (And What You Can Really Do to Attract Them!)
- 'My Uterus Loved It From Front to Back!' Two Kate Bush Mega-Fans Review Her New Album,
- Kate Beckinsale, 46, looks youthful as she leaves the gym in leopard-print leggings and a pink tank top
- Caution - Body Moisturizer Reviews Don't Always Tell You Everything You Need to Know
- Creative Baskets - 5 Things I Love About a Gourmet Basket
- Book Review For "The Sinful Nights of a Nobelman"
- Tips For Redecorating Your Tired-Looking Bathroom
- For Younger Looking Vibrant Skin You Must Use Natural Healthy Skin Care Products
Sundance film festival 2013: The Look of Love - first look review have 343 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 20, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.