Nick Watney was in the local Honolua Store at Kapalua earlier this week when he saw a familiar face and quickly placed his hand over his chest, covering up the swoosh on his shirt. Add that to the files of worst-kept secrets. Nike made it official Tuesday with separate announcements that it has signed Watney and Kyle Stanley to equipment deals. Both had been with Titleist. The biggest Nike acquisition in the offseason, off course, was Rory McIlroy. Nike will make that announcement in Abu Dhabi, where McIlroy will start his season in a couple of weeks. It also landed S.Y. Noh of South Korea. The bigger surprises were Stewart Cink, who in October said he had one year left on his Nike deal, switching over to TaylorMade. Also going to TaylorMade were former US Open champion Lucas Glover (formerly Nike), Ryan Moore (formerly Adams Golf) and John Huh, who had been playing Ping last year but didn’t have an endorsement until well after he won the Mayakoba Classic in Mexico. Chris Kirk and Gary Woodland (both formerly Titleist) are headed to Callaway. Watney will be using a high-speed cavity back driver and Nike VR Pro Combo irons, a similar… Read full this story
- Apple readies camera-focused Pro iPhones, new iPads, larger MacBook Pro
- Apple Pencil 2 review: Everyone’s new iPad sidekick
- Best remote learning MacBook for 2020: MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro
- Apple stops selling rival audio gear ahead of rumored launches
- The best iPhone 12 Pro Max cases
- Android 11 update being rolled out to OnePlus 8 series, Mi 10, Realme X50 Pro and Oppo Find X2 series
- New AirPods and AirPods Pro reportedly coming in 2021, AirPods Studio delayed
- The new iPad Air may be a better pro iPad than the iPad Pro
- Realme 7 Pro Review: The best smartphone under Rs 20,000 in India?
- OnePlus 8 Pro long-term review: OnePlus' first 'truly' premium smartphone
Pro break out new gear at Kapalua have 303 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 3, 2013. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.