Reading on mobile? Listen here Hometown: Kettering. The lineup: James Bagshaw (vocals, guitar), Thomas Warmsley (bass, backing vocals), Sam Toms (drums), Adam Smith (keyboards). The background: We’re not saying psychedelia is back – it’s always been there, especially since its colourful return circa the Paisley Underground of the early 80s – but it’s certainly had a good year. Most conspicuously there has been Tame Impala’s Lonerism, although that album arguably evinced a more novel take on psych than the revivalism offered by today’s new band. To be fair, they call what they do “neo-psych”. They could probably have got away with “quasi-psych” as well, if you want to be finicky. Either way, they’re good, especially if you’re in the mood for some incense and peppermints. Who says so? Johnny Marr does. “Good work, Temples,” he tweeted recently as soon as he clocked their debut single, Shelter Song, released next week by Heavenly (who, with Stealing Sheep and Toy, are on something of a roll right now). Suede – whose Dog Man Star was sort of psych at a pinch, if you stretched the definition almost to bursting point – have also been saying positive things about the four-piece from Kettering…. Read full this story
- WATCH: 'Temple Street is my comfort blanket'
- Bristol Temple Meads among 'worst' UK stations for train delays
- Live: No trains between Temple Meads and Paddington
- Indian temple opens its doors to females ‘of menstruating age’
- Protestors try to block females ‘of menstruating age’ from entering Indian temple 'to preserve its purity'
- Protesters prevent women and girls from entering Indian temple
- India: temple controversy litmus test for equal rights
- Man admits setting fire to doors of Sikh temple and church
- Thief caught stealing Dairy Milk bars from Bristol Temple Meads
- Hindu priests stop women entering Indian temple, defying supreme court ruling
Temples (No 1,389) have 307 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 7, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.