The Baltimore Orioles’ outstanding bullpen is a big reason they’re vying for the AL East lead. And Jim Johnson is the biggest reason for the success of that bullpen. Johnson set a franchise record with his major league-leading 46th save and the Orioles beat the Boston Red Sox 4-2 on Friday night to remain one game behind the first-place New York Yankees. The record means ”that we’re winning and we’re having a good season,” he said. ”That’s all it really means right now.” Baltimore closers hadn’t had much of a shot at the record of 45 set by Randy Myers in 1997, the last time the Orioles finished the season with a winning record. They had no more than 69 wins in any of the last four years. But now they’re 86-64 with 12 games left. ”When you talk about the history of the Orioles, you’ve got everybody’s attention. That’s pretty long and deep,” manager Buck Showalter said of Johnson’s record, but ”Jimmy’s got other goals in mind.” Those goals are winning playoff games and the Orioles are in good shape to have a chance. They can reach the postseason by winning the division or with a wild-card berth. They… Read full this story
- Vietnam Sets New Guinness World Record for a Mind-Map Jigsaw Puzzle.
- Vietnamese mind-map jigsaw puzzle sets new Guinness World Record
- Petrol price rise sets new record
- Vietnam sets new record for biggest chorus
- Hang sets new record in 1,500m
- American intends to set new world record in Vietnam
- Sprinter Huong sets new record
- Tham sets new record in javelin at national games
- Athletes set new records at National Sport Festival
- HSBC Vietnam launched new online savings accounts
Johnson sets new Orioles save record have 280 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 20, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.