The Green Bay Packers announced Tuesday that they had a recordyear financially, driven in large part by their 13-0 start to aseason in which they were the defending Super Bowl champion.The Packers said they had $42.7 million in net income in2011-12, an increase of 150 percent over the previous year. Totalrevenue was $302 million, up 6.9 percent, largely driven byenthusiasm over a season that included a 15-1 regular-seasonrecord, team president Mark Murphy said.”It was such a great season,” Murphy said. ”It kept theexcitement level at a very high level.”As the NFL’s only publicly owned franchise, the Packers are theonly NFL team required to reveal detailed financial data. Thelatest report didn’t include $64 million raised through a six-weekstock sale around the Christmas season.The stock sale was the fifth in the team’s history and firstsince 1997. Murphy said it added some 250,000 shareholders, whichhe predicted would help the team down the road in terms of beingrevenue generators.The team’s income was helped by a 4 percent drop in expenses to$259 million. A year earlier, the team played all four of itsplayoff games, including the Super Bowl, on the road.The Packers lone playoff game last season was at home, a loss tothe New York… Read full this story
- Why Brett Favre Can Lead The Vikings To The Super Bowl
- Super Bowl MVP calls for investigation into NFL referees over calls during Lions-Packers game
- Brock Osweiler’s defining Broncos moment — leading Denver to win over Patriots, paving way for Super Bowl 50 run
- New York Giants and Another Super Bowl Win?
- Green Bay Packer's - Favre Still Welcome Even After Retiring
- Focus on Green Bay: Can Raiders end long losing streak vs. Packers?
- Analysis: The undefeated 49ers are winning with their outrageous defense
- Cardinals - One Hit Wonders Or Threat to Repeat?
- NFL playoff risers: Barnwell on six surprising teams, and what's next
- NFL admits to getting call against Lions wrong
Packers ride Super Bowl defense to record profits have 312 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 10, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.