James Bond has long been associated with gadget-laden Aston Martins and other exotic cars, but in the latest 007 film called “Skyfall,” we’ll see the British spy jump onto something a little less flashy: a Honda.
In “Skyfall,” due out in October, Bond (played by Daniel Craig) will perform his death-defying stunts as he chases a perpetrator through the streets of Turkey on a Honda CRF250R motorcycle. The chase should feature plenty of two-wheeled action, considering the henchman Bond is chasing after is also riding a CRF250R. The bikes were heavily modified and made to look like bikes local tradesmen and police might own. Twenty Honda motorcycles were provided for the film, including two CRF450R bikes used to capture all the action with HD cameras.
For those who can’t wait until the film’s release to get a sneak peek at the bikes, they will be on display alongside an unmodified CRF250R at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu, England. The museum is currently hosting an exhibition that showcases 50 of the most iconic Bond vehicles. Some of our favorite Bond cars include the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 used in early James Bond movies and the ultra-rare, custom-bodied Toyota 2000 GT roadsters from “You Only Live Twice.”
While we’re sure Honda bikes won’t be Bond’s only motorized mode of transportation in the film, we’re guessing the new Aston Martin Vanquish might also make it on the silver screen.
- James Bond soars in early "Skyfall" reviews
- James Bond fans mark 50 years
- Bond movie "Skyfall" beats "Lincoln" at box office
- Bond fans set to mark 50 years of big-screen style
- William Boyd to pen new Bond novel set in late 1960s
- Film "Lincoln" gets record 13 Critics Choice nominations
- Film industry tries to break Hollywood's hold on audiences
- Christie's offers Bond items on 50th anniversary
- India's flashy new rich drive luxury car boom
- Bond car beats iPod and YouTube as coolest in UK
- Vampires, 007 may set record Thanksgiving sales
- China moviegoers show Hollywood the money
- 'Argo' storms to Oscar victory on night of surprises
- Macklemore & Lewis lead Grammy Award winners
- Adele's "21" sells 10 million, Rihanna leads Billboard
- Acting Ambassador
- 15 movies to stir local cinemas in November
- "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" leads North America box office for 3 straight weeks
- Thailand International Motor Expo 2017 about to kick off
- "Green Lantern (3-D)" dominates Father's Day North America box office
Move Over Aston Martin: Honda Featured in New James Bond Film “Skyfall” have 384 words, post on www.motortrend.com at July 17, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.