HCM CITY — Several property developers in HCM City have used the mandatory green space meant for planting trees and building parks for other purposes, and authorities have warned that they would be penalised if they do not set it right.
An inspection team from various agencies recently verified 55 projects developed between 2006 and 2009 in Districts 7, 9, 12, and Binh Chanh and found 15 of them violating green space norms.
Him Lam in District 7, a 583,291-square-metre apartment block built by Him Lam Joint Stock Company, for instance, should have earmarked 47,000sq.m, but has instead used this space to build staff houses, toilets, an exhibition centre, and a parking lot.
At the luxury Hoang Anh apartment in District 7, developed by the Hoang Anh Housing Construction and Development Joint Stock Company, there is a swimming pool of 160sq.m in the area meant for green space.
The inspection team, which had officials from the Departments of Construction, Planning and Architecture, Transport, and Natural Resources and Environment, also found 17 other projects completed and ready for sales but without the green space.
They include Ngoc Lan, Huynh Tan Phat and BMC apartments in District 7, and Hiep Phu Ward and Pho Dong Hoa Sen apartments in District 9.
Developers who violated the rules would be penalised and have to restore their projects’ green space, Nguyen Tan Ben, director of the Department of Construction, warned.
Some of the alleged offenders told Sai Gon Tiep Thi (Sai Gon Marketing) newspaper that they would restore the green space when ordered to do so.
Le Hung, general director of Hoang Anh Housing Construction and Development Joint Stock Company, said his company has sought permission to retain the pool and would find another piece of land to build a park.
“But if the inspection team orders the construction of the park at the originally designated place, Hoang Anh would carry it out,” he added.
The inspectors also found 16 other real estate projects remaining on paper because their developers lacked funds, and Ben said the department would evaluate their financial capacity and recommend revocation of their licences if required. — VNS
- HCM City real estate market faces downtrend
- Phu My Hung develops first all-duplex apartment project in HCM City
- HCM City to identify trees best suited to urban areas
- Info minister urges HCM City to speed up telecom infrastructure development
- HCM City real estate in need of jumpstart
- HCM City considers measures to reduce greenhouse gases
- HCM City to collect infrastructure fees at seaports
- Northeastern-inspired story charms HCM City audience
- European consumer goods and services exhibition opens in HCM City
- 'This is just the start': China's passion for foreign property
- Is Jan Gehl winning his battle to make our cities liveable?
- Horasis Asia Meeting returns to Binh Duong, hopes for repeat of last year’s success
- VN food and beverage sector draws foreign firms’ interest
- High-value property transactions must be reported
- The Plush: Investors debunk allegation, claim of green belt by Magodo GRA CDA
- The truth about property developers: how they are exploiting planning authorities and ruining our cities
- Loosen Britain’s green belt. It is stunting our young people
- The 'Glasgow effect' implies cities make us sad. Can the city prove the opposite?
- Tory chiefs fail to disclose private donor dinners in 'cash for access' row
- Sena proposes 21-day gap between two Tree Authority meetings
HCM City property firms fail to meet green commitments have 534 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 30, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.