It’s not often that Simon Cowell cowers in shame. But at last week’s British launch of Tom Bower’s unauthorized biography, Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell, the television tycoon admitted he had “spent last week hiding under a pillow in my bedroom” after The Sun leaked the most salacious excerpts from the tome. U.S. publisher Random House has hailed Bower’s book as a “portrait of one of the most intriguing television personalities ever to dominate the music industry,” revealing Cowell’s true colors as a “man who is at once insecure, ambitious, easily bored … a man who will go to any limit to secure his success.” Well, we knew all of that, but here are a few lurid details that aren’t mentioned on the book jacket. Cowell has always had a cushy life. There’s no doubt that Simon Cowell has worked his way to the top, but his is not a rags-to-riches story. Cowell grew up in a renovated eight-bedroom home in the charming British county of Hertfordshire, and was known as a troublemaker at his all-boys private school. “I hated the discipline and the boredom,” he told Bower. “I just wanted to get out and earn money.”… Read full this story
- Simon Cowell ‘will have IV drip with him on The X Factor after hospital stint’
- Neil Simon, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, dies at 91
- This Grammy-winning artist plans an intimate night of music at the Visalia Fox
- Sara Bareilles dishes on sugary sweet Broadway success ahead of ‘Waitress’ in Des Moines
- Cheryl wows at first solo appearance since split as Liam Payne looks sad and lonely in Italy
- Time on 'America's Got Talent' affected career in positive ways for Greer's Noah Guthrie
- Palm Springs' Singing Donald Trump performs live on 'America's Got Talent'
- Help! My Boss Just Followed Me On Twitter
- Trump impersonator from Palm Springs eliminated from 'America's Got Talent'
- Newly single Cheryl 'bouncing back with older man', jokes Piers Morgan
6 Juicy Bits From ‘Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell’ have 324 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at May 1, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.