The White House said on Monday it had raised with China new allegations that a Chinese firm sold North Korea components for a missile transporter showcased in a recent military parade, despite a U.N. ban on such sales. The Obama administration suspects that the Chinese manufacturer supplied chassis and other parts for the vehicle, and Washington planned to use the incident to press Beijing to tighten enforcement of sanctions on Pyongyang, a senior U.S. official said on Saturday. The U.S. findings surfaced amid tensions over a failed North Korean rocket launch earlier this month and concerns that Pyongyang may be preparing another test of a nuclear device. “The United States will continue to work with the international community, including China, to enforce sanctions against North Korea’s ballistic missile program and nuclear program,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said. “We’ve raised the allegations with the Chinese government … as part of our ongoing close consultations on North Korea,” he told reporters. He was referring to U.S. suspicions about the vehicle, essentially a large truck on top of which a missile can be mounted. Washington suspects that the Chinese company, Hubei Sanjiang, did not sell North Korea an entire vehicle and that…
- Trump ‘surprised’ if Kim restarts nuclear testing as North Korea missile activity detected
- South Korea defence minister: No sign of imminent North Korea missile launch
- North Korea 'fires short-range missiles off its coast'
- North Korea issues warning to Donald Trump ahead of Hanoi summit
- Kim Jong-un arrives in Vietnam for US-North Korea summit
- 'If Allowed, North Korea Could Stand to Profit Enormously'
- Reports: North Korea Mulls Economic Reforms Amid GDP Contraction
- US-North Korea Summit: 'The Denuclearisation Process is Still Far Away' – Prof
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un restores missile launch site
- North Korea's Kim arrives in Vietnam for summit, Trump flies in on Air Force One
U.S. says has raised North Korea missile-linked sale with China have 301 words, post on at April 4, 2012. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.