– The Ho Chi Minh University of Economics broke the Guinness World Record for the largest mind-map jigsaw puzzle at Phu Tho Indoor Stadium in District 11 on September 25.
1,600 students from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics gathered to make the 660-square-metre lotus-shaped mind-map jigsaw puzzle, comprising of 551,232 pieces in the shape of with six petals, with each petal representing a typical field: people, geography, history, economy, culture and education.
The students put together all 551,232 puzzle pieces for the mind-map. They broke the previous Guinness World Record of a 600-square-metre mind-map puzzle achieved by China in 2010.
The Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics also aims to break the previousGuinnessWorld Recordof a 212,323 piece mind-map by Singaporein 2002.
Created and developed by Professor of Psychology Tony Buzan for over 30 years, a mind-map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea.
Associate Professor, Dr. Tran Hoang Ngan, Vice Headmaster of Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics, and the Chairman of the announcement ceremony of the record said: “The students’ setting of a Guinness World Record shows that Vietnamese students are very dynamic and determined; a combination which can create boundless power. We are very proud of the achievement here at the HCM City University of Economics and I’m sure students all over the country will also take great pride in the record”.
In aiming to break new records the students from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics aim to mark the Youth’s Year 2011 and the 35th anniversary of the university.
- Trying to set a Guinness World Record? This Minnesotan will be the judge of that
- UK man plans to top cross-country fundraising run with Guinness World Record attempt
- Hundreds gather to set Guinness World Record for goat yoga in Mesa
- Hockey dads sets Guinness world record for longest hockey pass
- Watch: 2 MN ‘hockey dads’ (1 with a Stanley Cup ring) set Guinness world record for longest hockey pass
- Skowhegan’s moose calling contest set world record
- World record for longest ice hockey pass is set in the State of Hockey
- Why we still love jigsaw puzzles
- It's Jada Kenner Day, as Tapestry 12-year-old track star honored for breaking world record
- Donavan Brazier sets a world record, Devon Allen, Craig Engels, Shelby Houlihan, Clayton Murphy win U.S. indoor titles
- Rockets Women's Foundation sets book drive collection record
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Share Images Of Botswana Conservation Trip on Their Record-breaking Instagram Account
- Vermont Marine Veteran Jason Mosel attempts 5000 burpee record
- Record-setting balloonist dies following accident near Warner Springs
- Record-setting balloonist dies after accident near Warner Springs
- Big welcome in Hanoi for Trump, Kim and new nuclear talks
- How far can the new gas tax go to fix Ohio roads? Capitol Letter
- Harry and Meghan break Instagram record
- Harry Meghan's new Instagram record-breaking hit with millions
- Portland adventurer Colin O’Brady on his record-setting Antarctica trek (Video)
Vietnamese mind-map jigsaw puzzle sets new Guinness World Record have 474 words, post on at September 27, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.