Prosecutors have filed a motion to dismiss all the sexual assault and attempted rape charges against former IMF chief and one-time French presidential favorite Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Prosecutors have agreed to drop the sexual assault charges against former IMF chief and one-time French presidential favorite Dominique Strauss-Kahn, his lawyers said Monday. A judge was expected to accept the dismissal of recommendation at a hearing on Tuesday, bringing to an end the three-month-long criminal case against Strauss-Kahn that has humiliated the French politician and crippled his career.”We respectfully recommend that the indictment be dismissed,” prosecutors said in a motion filed to Judge Michael Obus after weeks of agonizing over the credibility flaws of his accuser, hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo.Strauss-Kahn and the maid did have sex, but that the issue of force and lack of consent would be based on her testimony alone, the document said; but the maid\’s history of lying means that charges cannot be pressed, prosecutors said in a graphic 25-page motion.The evidence may not have been definitive, but the case really collapsed because the maid told repeated lies and “their cumulative effect would be devastating” if the case went to trial, prosecutors said.A lawyer for the 32-year-old Guinean immigrant… Read full this story
- Meek Mill Prosecutor Asks Judge to Grant Him New Trial
- Roger Stone Posted A Photo Of The Judge Presiding Over His Case Next To Crosshairs
- Lawyers for Capital Gazette gunman Jarrod Ramos ask judge to block graphic security footage of the newspaper shooting from the murder trial because showing it could prejudice the jury
- Robert Kraft Prosecutors Fire Back In Sex Spa Case, Judge Wrong To Block Video!
- ‘Desperate Housewives’ Creator Marc Cherry Ask Judge’s “Mercy” For Felicity Huffman: Actress Was “A Master Class On Human Compassion” With Elderly Guest Star
- Harvey Weinstein has been railroaded by the #MeToo movement declares his new high-profile female attorney as Jose Baez exits case after declaring the disgraced mogul 'unreasonably difficult'
- After Jeffrey Epstein's death, prosecutors examine his inner circle
- Powerhouse Chicago lawyer tapped to investigate Jussie Smollett case
- Lawyer Avenatti asks U.S. judge to dismiss new fraud charge
- Delaware court officials abruptly change DUI case rules
Prosecutors ask judge to dismiss Strauss-Kahn case have 357 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 23, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.