What do you love? What do you fear? What’s in your pocket? We’re all fascinated by the way other people live their lives, how they cope with hardship and triumph, what they put in their home movies and family albums. So one day last summer, I asked ordinary people around the world to answer those three questions and spend a day filming their lives. My aim was to create a whole movie from intimate moments – the extraordinary, the mundane, the preposterous – and thereby take the temperature of the planet on a single day, 24 July. Contributors would upload their films to YouTube, and let me and a team of editors turn their footage into something that captured a day of human experience. That was the theory behind Life in a Day, anyway; the execution turned out to be far from simple. First, we had to let people know about the project. I spent a horrific week doing press around the world: Korea in the morning, Latin America in the afternoon. I did 26 US breakfast TV shows in one day via satellite, coming in with my pitch between ads for pop tarts and stories about puppies. Fortunately, we had two big advantages: free advertising… Read full this story
- Music Video Clips
- Bartiromo: ‘Come Up with Another Date for Indigenous Peoples’ Day and Leave Columbus Day Alone’
- Forex Day Trading System
- World Water Day - 22nd March, 2006
- Celebrate Hug Day: Celebrate Peace
- How to Create Your Ideal Life - Excerpt from Individual Power
- Super-Phones Are Great Tools/Toys For Ourselves, but Let's Get Work on Helping the World and People
- Wawanesa Life Insurance
- New Year's 2007 Message kicks off the Optimize Your Life! 2007 Newsletter by Bernie Dahl, M.D.
- Begin With the End In Mind - Tips to Make Your Life More Meaningful
Life in a Day: Around the world in 80,000 clips have 303 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 7, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.