One gruesome tackle and one beautiful game may have, for better or worse, defined what the race to be the top team in MLS will look like in the coming weeks and months. New York, Los Angeles and Real Salt Lake came into the season considered the best teams in MLS and have done the work to prove those prognostications true, but with playmaker Javier Morales set to miss four months or more with a broken leg, RSL suddenly finds itself facing a stiff test to keep up with the big spenders from opposite coasts (after starting the season looking like a team ready to run away with the league). The Galaxy and Red Bulls treated MLS fans to an entertaining and high-quality game on Saturday, arguably the best 90 minutes of soccer contested in MLS this season. It shouldn’t have come as a surprise considering the talent on display and the veteran coaches steering both clubs. Each team showed the technical quality and star power that makes them the current leaders in each conference (though LA’s lead atop the West has as much to do with RSL only playing six games to the Galaxy’s 10). Morales’ injury changes things… Read full this story
- Saturday horse racing tips: Maximus worth chancing each-way in an open Epsom Derby
- Ascot hike prize money to increase £1m races at Royal meeting
- When is Grand National Ladies Day 2018? Date, tickets, races and dress code for Aintree festival's 'Fabulous Friday'
- Cieren Fallon interview: His belated racing interest, living with a famous name and closing in on a feat his father never achieved
- Marcus Armytage's racing diary: David Batten resurrects famous scarlet silks
- Lewis Hamilton 'redefining' Formula One
- MLS: Nashville to West, Inter Miami to East
- Racing! Los Alamitos opens short meeting
- Calling the races! Revellers let loose at Rosehill as drinking and dancing break out at the warmest spring carnival day in years
- Grand National day 2017 recap - Full results as One For Arthur wins the big race at Aintree
Race redefined after MLS Saturday have 327 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 8, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.