The body of a New Jersey high school student who has been missing since Monday has been found, police said Friday. Sarah Townsend was reported missing by her boyfriend after he found her car at a Burlington Township park where they often hung out. The car’s door was open, the engine was running and her cell phone and purse were inside, he said. The 18-year-old’s body was found in a pond in Green Acres Park, but police said there was no evidence of foul play. An autopsy will determine cause of death. On Thursday, authorities said they found a note in the car that included the words, “I’m Sorry.” From the beginning, the case was treated as a missing persons case, and police said they were concerned that she had given hints that she would harm herself. “What’s suspicious about it is there’s a car found in front of a body of water, with her purse and cell phone still in the car,” Burlington Township police Lt. Bruce Painter said on Tuesday. “But there’s no signs of anyone dragged into water, no blood, no signs of a struggle.” Her parents told WPVI, a Philadelphia TV station, Friday morning that they… Read full this story
- Coronavirus ‘unknown origin’ cases announced for high school student in Washington & elementary school teacher in Oregon
- How did ‘less than stellar’ high school student Jared Kushner get into Harvard?
- NJ High School Football Coach Spends Hours Individually Delivering Championship Rings To Students
- At Immaculate High School In Danbury, Life Goes On, Online
- New Jersey Emergency Dr. Frank Gabrin, A Fayette County Native, Dies With Coronavirus Symptoms
- Record coronavirus deaths in New York, New Jersey amid fear of toll undercount
- New Jersey confirms its first coronavirus death as it's revealed that a New York City medic with the disease was infected by his flight attendant girlfriend and the number of cases in the tri-state area rises to 52
- Vigilance urged as outbreak shows signs of leveling off in New York, New Jersey
- New York, New Jersey see early signs of coronavirus 'flattening'
- College basketball coaching changes tracker: Samford hires local high school coaching star
Missing New Jersey high school student Sarah Townsend found dead after 4-day search have 355 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 13, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.