Liverpool has given Jay Spearing a new contract after themidfielder helped the team move up to fifth place in the PremierLeague table.The 22-year-old Spearing has been with Liverpool since he was 7but only became a regular when Kenny Dalglish returned as managerin January.Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli says ”he won hisplace in the team on merit and has showed in the last games that hecan raise his game to what we need.”Spearing follows Lucas Leiva and Dirk Kuyt in signing a newdeal.Liverpool did not say how long the contract was or how much itwas worth.
- Man Utd fans are raging at rumours ‘useless’ Jesse Lingard is on verge of a new contract… despite not scoring or assisting for EIGHT MONTHS
- Lee Bowyer heads for Charlton exit after failing to agree new contract
- Leicester to offer James Maddison mega new contract to fend off Man Utd transfer interest
- Matty Longstaff: Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce hopeful midfielder will extend contract
- Man Utd duo Mason Greenwood and Jesse Lingard both in line for new contracts following David De Gea and Victor Lindelof’s extensions
- Spencer Dinwiddie reportedly looking for people to invest in his new contract
- DeMarcus Cousins free agency update: Former All-Star changes agents in hopes of securing new contract, per report
- Released murderer Jock Palfreeman says he feels like he's still in jail because he can't leave Bulgaria after his passport was confiscated - as he slams Australia for not giving him a new one
- Premier League 2019‑20 preview No 10: Liverpool
- Blow for Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool as Inter agree to double Milan Skriniar’s wages
Liverpool gives midfielder Spearing a new contract have 264 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 6, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.