The move announced by ABC News president Ben Sherwood Friday, assigning James Goldston as new senior executive producer of the network’s Good Morning America was not hard to decode: ABC’s dead serious about knocking NBC’s TODAY off its perch as network TV’s top morning show. “I think GMA is in a strong position,” Goldston told Mediaite after the announcement. “The show is ready to roar.”Nightline, which had been widely seen as bound for cancellation when Goldstein and his second-in-command Jeanmarie Condon (who now assumes control of the show) began a slow, steady and ultimately hugely successful re-creation of Nightline with a multi-anchor format and a focus on pure, powerful storytelling. “Everyone said Nightline couldn’t win, couldn’t even survive. And that’s not true,” said Goldston. “You can move the dial. You have to be very patient. It takes hard work.”The hard work at Nightline paid off. A brand that had been identified with Ted Koppel and the 70s and 80s found a new, fiercely dedicated core of viewers, who’ve recently launched the show to ratings success in late night, at the expense of David Letterman and Jay Leno. Nightline was helped by NBC’s chaotic decision to move Leno to primetime–and then… Read full this story
- Senior players at Barcelona ‘totally against’ Pochettino being named new manager, boosting chances of Xavi and Henry
- I'm A Celebrity 2020: ITV boss reveals ALL stars for this winter's series have already been secretly confirmed... as show heads to Wales' Gwrych Castle
- Broken But Beautiful 3: Not Shehnaaz Gill, But A New Actress To Romance Sidharth Shukla!
- Chelsea to accommodate a smoking room for new manager Maurizio Sarri
- Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Fame Bhoomi Shetty Opens Up About Her Upcoming Comedy-Drama Titled Ikkat
- Bigg Boss Telugu 4 contestant Devi Nagavalli profile, photos and all you know about the news presenter
- Citi names Jane Fraser new chief in Wall Street first
- Donald Trump says he would make Ted Cruz a Supreme Court justice as he unveils new shortlist of 20 candidates including GOP senator Tom Cotton who immediately promises to overturn Roe v. Wade
- 'Can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his f**king paintings!' Kirstie Alley hits out at the Oscars over new 'representation and inclusion' rules for Best Picture
- Pretty Little Liars reboot with 'new story and new characters' in the works from Riverdale showrunner
In Naming New Boss For have 401 words, post on www.mediaite.com at February 25, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.