Walt Disney Company said Thursday it planned to open its first store in mainland China by the middle of next year as it moves to further expand its presence in the fast-growing market. The US entertainment giant said its strategy would be to secure locations in upscale shopping centres and department stores, where it will open Disney Stores similar to those in Europe and North America. “The kids’ branded retail market in China is growing and we are uniquely positioned to provide a family shopping environment,” Stanley Cheung, Disney’s Greater China executive vice president and managing director, said in a statement. “Our Disney Stores aim to deliver the best 30 minutes of a child’s day,” he added. The company did not say how many stores it aimed to open in China. Outside China, Disney said it was on track to add more than 25 new and remodelled stores this year and ultimately planned to refresh its more than 350 locations worldwide. Shanghai Mayor Han Zheng said in his annual report earlier this month that the city would push to start work this year on a Disney Park that is reportedly scheduled to open in 2014. However, Disney has said although…
- Huge new $1.5bn resort next to Disney World opening in 2023 – with golf courses, water rides and lagoon swimming pools
- Fabindia-Hidesign joint location store opened in Chennai’s Pondy Bazaar
- China's Hubei opens new airport
- Disney Sees $175M Hit If Shanghai, Hong Kong Parks Are Closed For Two Months
- Starbucks' recovery, solid in China, still slow in the US
- WHO team investigating China's Covid outbreak say they have been given data 'no-one has seen before' and are NOT ruling out that the virus escaped from a lab
- Ministry: China ready for dialogue on joining CPTPP
- Opening-up, innovation to be pivot for financial sector reforms
- China's new 3rd generation reactor to play central role
- China: 'India is not going to blink'
China's first Disney Store to open in 2012 have 308 words, post on at January 27, 2011. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.