PJ Harvey has named her new album ‘Let England Shake’ and will release it on February 14.
The album, her first full solo release since 2007’s ‘White Chalk’, has been recorded with John Parish, with whom she released last year’s ‘A Woman A Man Walked By’ collaboration album.
Produced by Flood (Depeche Mode, The Jesus And Mary Chain, U2), the album also features production contributions from former Bad Seeds member Mick Harvey and musician Jean-Marc Butty.
“We played most of the music live,” Harvey told Uncut‘s sister-title [url=http://www.nme.com/news/pj-harvey/53941]NME[/url] of the album, part-recorded in a church in Dorset. “I didn’t set down any rules. For some reason, we were all in a very good place, with a lot of energy, intensity and vitality in us at that time. It was a really enjoyable experience, and I think the record’s ended up full of energy and quite an uplifting experience because of it.”
For the full, exclusive interview with PJ Harvey get the new issue of NME magazine. It’s on newsstands across the UK from tomorrow (November 24), or available digitally worldwide now.
Uncut have teamed up with Sonic Editions to curate a number of limited-edition framed iconic rock photographs, featuring the likes of Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan and The Clash. View the full collection here.
- When is Cliff Richard’s 2018 tour? UK dates, tickets, venues and new album release
- Sir Cliff Richard announces new album after ‘bad period’ in his life
- Rita Ora announces new album Phoenix
- Eminem disses rival rappers and Donald Trump on surprise new album
- When is Kanye West’s new album Yandhi released, why has it been postponed and how many tracks will be on it?
- When will Kanye West’s new album Yandhi, sequel to Yeezus, be released?
- How old is Tiffany Darwish, when is her new album Pieces of Me released and what are her biggest songs?
- Kylie announces new dates for Belfast and Dublin gigs
- When was Kamikaze released, what songs are on Eminem’s new album and is it on Spotify and Apple Music?
- Eminem disses Machine Gun Kelly on new album amid Hailie controversy
- Avril Lavigne announces new music in emotional open letter
- Alfie Boe’s new album: What’s it called and when is it out?
- Kanye West's new album Yandhi: Everything you need to know
- 'I am YE': Kanye West announces name change ahead of album release
- Tom Odell set for O2 Academy appearance after release of new album
- Who is Jack Black, when’s Tenacious D’s new album out, what movies has he starred in and what’s his net worth?
- Kanye West confirms release date for new album Yandhi and shares preview
- Take That refuse to guarantee band’s future as Gary Barlow admits new album marks end of a chapter
- Bring Me The Horizon's new album
- Where is Yandhi? Kanye West explains delay with new album, announces new release date
PJ Harvey announces new album release details have 491 words, post on www.uncut.co.uk at November 23, 2010. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.