Apple or RIM? Touchscreen or Qwerty? Fun or frustration? Of all the battles currently raging in the smartphone space, few are as fiercely fought as the war between BlackBerry-maker RIM and iPhone-creator Apple. silicon.com decided to square up the companies’ respective handsets and see which comes out on top. In the red corner: the Apple iPhone 4. In the blue corner: the BlackBerry Bold 9700. Let the battle commence… BlackBerry Bold vs Apple iPhone 4: There can be only one… Email set-up on BlackBerry and iPhone BlackBerrys and email go together like strawberries and cream, or so BlackBerry-maker RIM would have us believe. Push email is where it all started for this smartphone and if your company has embraced RIM’s proprietary infrastructure it will already have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) to push new emails out to the handsets. Having BES infrastructure is certainly the most straightforward way of getting email on a BlackBerry, not least because the Bold 9700 I am using for this feature offers only the following option in the email set-up wizard: “I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.” Of course not every company has – or wants to -… Read full this story
- For heads of state, a iPhone or Blackberry can be a trap
- BlackBerry Z10 review: Classy handset hampered by OS flaws
- Apple, IBM to develop IPhone apps for business customers
- Screens test: Apple iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3
- iPhone 5 review
- Apple affirms iPhone target
- Is there any relationship between mobile phones and the gender?
- Mobile payments forecast: hazy with a chance of Apple
- Mobile: 10 predictions for 2013
- BlackBerry 10 to be carried on AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
iPhone 4 vs BlackBerry Bold: Which is the better work mobile? have 271 words, post on www.zdnet.com at July 27, 2010. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.