Although not widely available, many favourites like gobstoppers, sugar mice, sherbet pips and toffee bonbons are still manufactured to this day.But other classics have sadly become casualties of time and ‘progress’. Here is our top 5 list of sweets that will make you go all misty eyed but which even we can’t get anymore:Texan Bars Texan is our most requested chocolate bar. Texan was a chewy nougat centre covered in milk chocolate. It was made by Macintoshes (now part of Nestle).Launched in 1975, the Texan enjoyed huge massive success until the miners strike in the 1980s. The problem, so it is believed, was that Texan Bars were manufactured in Halifax in Yorkshire, and due to the miners blockages of major roads and sites, no-one could get the ingredients to make the Texans to the factory and so production was stopped, never to restart.That is until late 2005 when Texans were brought back for a 6 week spell in but, despite selling like hot cakes, that was that and they are again no longer available.Aztec Bar Made by Cadburys and, launched in 1967. We thought, wrongly so it seems, that it was launched to coincide with the 1970 World Cup (the… Read full this story
- Aldi launches a £5.99 wine that tastes like a retro sweet from your childhood
- Kapil Sharma Birthday: Sunil Grover, Krushna Abhishek, Bharti Singh & Others Shower B'day Wishes
- Polymega Retro System Announces Sega Saturn Support, Pre-Orders Sell Big
- Princess Eugenie thanks followers for her 30th birthday wishes as Sarah Ferguson shares an unseen picture from her daughter's wedding day and Ellie Goulding praises her 'kind, ridiculously hard-working' friend
- Aldi is selling a new bottle of rose that tastes of fruit salad sweets
- International Women's Day 2020: Here Are 14 Sweet Messages To Share With Women
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wishes his daughter Tia a happy first birthday with incredibly sweet snap as he says he'll 'always have her back'
- Mariah Carey reveals her joy after Barbra Streisand wished her a happy birthday: 'Thank you for making my life suddenly seem better'
- I'm out of quarantine. But 'normal' isn't normal in China anymore
- Chloe Sims shares sweet throwback pictures with daughter Madison as she celebrates Mother's Day
The Top 5 Retro Sweets You Can't Get Anymore But You Wish That You Could have 357 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 8, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.