At a meeting of the Steering board on A/H1N1 prevention on July 8 in Hanoi, the president of the National Institute of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Dr. Nguyen Van Kinh, said due to a suspicion concerning two patients having resistance to the antiviral drug Tamilflu, his institute is studying the genes of H1N1 virus from them. If it is proved the two patients are resistant to the drug, they will be first two cases in Vietnam If it is proved they are resistant to the drug, they will be first two cases in Vietnam. The two patients had returned to Vietnam from Australia. They have been treated at the institute for seven days, but they are still infected, while other people normally stop having a fever within two to three days after taking the drug. Tamiflu-resistant H1N1 flu does not appear to be spreading in a sustained or worrisome way, a World Health Organization official said on July 7. “At this point we are not recommending any clinical changes to the approach in treating patients,” the WHO’s acting assistant director-general, Keiji Fukuda, said. He was responding to the discovery of drug-resistant H1N1 virus in three people in Denmark, Japan and Hong…
- With emergence of new SARS-CoV-2 in UK, Telangana health authorities set out to trace 1500 arrived passengers
- Hero MotoCorp donates first-responder vehicle to Jagraon health authorities
- Local Health Authority Confirms Russia's Fourth Case of Zika Virus
- COVID patients are 40% more likely to die within 10 days of leaving the hospital than those with pneumonia or heart failure, study finds
- 'Magic mushroom' ingredient could work as mental health treatment
- Patients with neurological issues more likely to die from Covid-19: Study
- Where to Buy FDA-Authorized Ellume At-home COVID Test and How Much It Costs
- Fury over plans to discharge Covid-19 patients into care homes AGAIN as Amnesty warns policy would be 'like throwing a lit match into a haystack'
- Resistance to certain cancer therapies may be caused by loss of anti-tumour protein : Study
- HCM City sends 13 people to quarantine as man suspected of having COVID-19
Health authority suspects two patients have resistance to Tamilflu have 339 words, post on at July 9, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.