Michael Jackson’s health has long been the subject of speculation. During his trial on charges of molestation in 2005, proceedings had to be postponed several times when he had to go to hospital. On one occasion he arrived straight from casualty in his pyjamas. Jackson’s poor health at the time was said to be related to the stress of the court appearances and hostile publicity over his relationships with young boys. But the strain of his lifestyle has always been apparent in his gaunt appearance as well as the rumours of addiction to prescription drugs. The singer died of a cardiac arrest. He had been under pressure to get fit for a gruelling run of 50 shows at London’s O2 Arena beginning next month. We will know more about the causes of his death after a postmortem examination is carried out later today. There is speculation that his use of painkillers may have caused his death and there are unconfimed reports suggesting he may have collapsed after an injection of Demerol, a powerful painkiller similar to morphine that can in certain circumstances increase the risk of cardiac arrest. A cardiac arrest is when the heart suddenly stops beating. It occurs… Read full this story
- ABC accused of exploitation over Michael Jackson show
- Michael Jackson top earner among dead celebrities
- Michael Jackson tops Forbes list of highest-earning dead celebrities
- Doctor convicted in Michael Jackson death loses appeal
- Michael Jackson’s father invests in five-star hotel in Vietnam
- Michael Jackson's father invests in Long An hotel
- Quincy Jones says Michael Jackson stole songs
- Michael Jackson's doctor charged over pop singer's drugs death
- Michael Jackson night in Hanoi
- Michael Jackson's father enjoy "cai luong"
Complex lifestyle central to Michael Jackson's poor health have 282 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 26, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.