SEATTLE, Washington, May 10, 2009 (AFP) – The third US fatality from swine flu has been confirmed in northwestern state of Washington as officials pointed out that the spreading disease posed a serious problem. State health officials said in a statement a man in his 30s with an underlying heart condition died last week with what appeared to be complications from the A(H1N1) influenza virus. “This death is tragic. Our thoughts are with all those affected by this man’s passing,” Washington Governor Chris Gregoire said. “It’s a sobering reminder that influenza is serious, and can be fatal. I know our public health agencies are doing everything they can to track and monitor this outbreak and to protect the people of our state.” No further detail about the man’s identity were released. It is the first death from swine flu reported outside the border state of Texas. Local media reports said the man died on May 6 after showing flu symptoms on April 30. He had been diagnosed with viral pneumonia at the time of his death but was now confirmed to have been suffering from swine flu, which was considered to have been a factor in the death. “We’re working…
- How many people got swine flu in America and around the world?
- New swine flu with pandemic potential found in China
- Covid-19 infections drop 28% in a week as UK records 15,450 cases and 206 deaths - while official data shows Kent and Hull are England's new hotspots most at risk of Tier 3 next month
- Maradona’s cause of death confirmed as mourners crowd streets
- When will flu jabs be available in the UK?
- Bizarre Swan Deaths Reported in Europe As Birds Die After Bleeding From Nostrils and Spinning in Circles
- L.A. Coronavirus Update: Officials Confirm Upwards 4,500 New COVID-19 Cases; Transmission & Hospitalization Rates Remain High Going Into Thanksgiving Week
- Grounding Flights Won't Stop Flu
- A Simple Sneeze Raises Fear of Death
- UK records 341 new Covid hospital deaths – down 121 on last Saturday – as new daily infections plummet by more than a QUARTER to 19,875
Third US swine flu death confirmed: officials have 334 words, post on at May 10, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.