It appears that President Obama and the Democratic Congress is all over the worker safety issue, and this should prove rather tricky for human resource departments as new regulations get passed. You see, the field of human resources is very complicated and it’s almost impossible to keep up with; there are new legal cases setting precedence each week, and new regulations going into effect; and each state has slightly different laws on top of the overriding OSHA rules.The fines are stiff, the penalties are progressive, and lawyers and employees look for ways to go after the company’s nest egg or deep pockets. Well, once deep pockets anyway, as this recession hasn’t left much of a legal war chest or safe full of cash for settlements. Yes, it is considered a cost of doing business, but all this gets passed on to the consumer and results in lower pay and fewer benefits for employees.Congressional Hearings:During the last round of congressional hearings on the OSHA rules – according to Human Resource Executives Online Newsletter; “The potential for criminal convictions and increased financial penalties for OSHA violations — coupled with an increased funding for enforcement activities — mean that companies need to refocus… Read full this story
- Gaffney has no issue with getting tough at Saints
- Ricky Hayden’s mum: ‘My son’s killer was cautioned for carrying a knife, it’s time for courts to get tough’
- Express & Star comment: It's time to get tough over knife crime
- Time to get tough with youths who attack 999 crews, say readers
- Chelsea face Andy Carroll struggle as West Ham prepare to get tough with rivals over striker
- With Angela Merkel and the rest of Europe in crisis, it’s time for Britain to get tough
- Amber Rudd: We will get tough on knife crime
- Shrewsbury need to get tough to nail the Hammers – Jimmy Lindsay
- 'We can't have scenes like this in France': French government gets tough after 'Nutella riots'
- Kicking Out: Time to retire the rulebook and get tough on discipline
OSHA Getting Tough Under Obama have 342 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 13, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.