In recent conversations with restaurant marketing leadership, I heard mostly familiar themes when discussing their marketing strategies. There are those smaller concepts that have found some success with a “Name your own price” promotion and other unique efforts to drive sales that have received quite a bit of media attention. But the majority of restaurant people I spoke to were sticking with more traditional strategies, with the occasional “toe in the water” when it comes to attempting less tried-and-true methods of increasing market share.Most common among the marketing strategies some restaurant leadership shared with me is discounting or limited-time-only promotions. Jean Smoke, Director of Marketing for the 550%2B unit TacoTime concept, told me her concept has a “limited time addition to their World Famous line of Crisp Burritos, a Crisp Pork Burrito at a discounted price of $1.99.” They’ve found this offering is bringing in their current Crisp Burrito fans as well as new customers for an exciting new item. Frank Day, Chairman and President of RockBottom Restaurant and Brewery, said his concept has “built traffic and created some excitement with consumers by running a variety of promotional specials, some supported by media but mostly promoted within the four walls… Read full this story
- Why playing contra means value investing for Prashant Jain
- Mass Customization: Reshaping Business Strategy
- Why Sameer Narayan finds value in midcap power utilities
- Broader markets to give double digit returns over 6-8 months: S Krishna Kumar, Sundaram Mutual
- Correction is not over yet as weak rupee leads to weaker markets: Vivek Mavani
- Why Vietnam is the second fastest growing market of GrabFood in South East Asia?
- MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes Kicks Off New Decade with Refreshed Restaurant Model
- What should be your strategy, buy largecaps or chose from mid & smallcaps?
- Zara and H&M to discount all items at Hanoi debut
- Neverfail Welcomes Jason White as New Chief Strategy Officer
Today's Restaurant Marketing Strategies - From Discounting to Delivering Value have 308 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 13, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.