Did you know that thyroid disease can cause unexplained weight gain and fatigue? It can also cause depression, hair loss, anxiety, dry skin and poor memory. When tested randomly, at least 10% of adults are found to have thyroid disease.The funny thing is, many with typical symptoms of a thyroid disorder are tested and found to have ‘normal’ thyroid function. Furthermore many being treated for thyroid disease still have many of the symptoms remain.Why is it that so many people who have symptoms are not diagnosed? And why are many individuals who are diagnosed with thyroid disease and receiving treatment not feeling better?Simply put, the shortcoming is in the “normal range” numbers of the thyroid tests that most doctors rely on. Laboratory ranges can be determined by consensus of experts or by simply averaging scores.For blood sugar levels, for example, panels of researchers review glucose levels in people who have become diabetic and compared it to what their blood sugar levels were in the years preceding their diagnosis. Those whose morning fasting blood sugar levels are under 99 were found to have lower rates of becoming diabetic. Therefore 99 is considered the upper limit of the “normal range”.For thyroid disease… Read full this story
- Pride of Britain winner Jake Coates reveals surrogate will carry his 'beautiful' late wife's baby
- Richard Keys, 60, back with secret lover, 30, as spurned wife revealed she saved his life
- It’s so sad that the fear of being alone keeps women with their cheating husbands
- Dying bride commits to her childhood sweetheart knowing their marriage would be cut short
- Richard Keys’s wife begs him to stop ‘constant lies’ over affair
Thyroid Secrets Revealed have 273 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 24, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.