If you drive a car, truck or motorcycle regularly, then the chances of you having an auto accident, a truck accident or a motorcycle accident are pretty high. Most people have been involved in some type of accident sometime in their life that involved a vehicle.
If it was not your fault, then you may have had to hire an attorney to represent you so that you could file a claim to have your medical expenses covered. But did you know that personal injury law also covers accidents that occur to pedestrians? The law makes sure that everyone is covered if they have been hurt as the result of someone else’s negligence, regardless of how it happened.
Most pedestrian accidents do not involve an automobile. The city may have a large, damaged portion of sidewalk that is not corded off and someone could trip and break an ankle. A bike messenger might accidentally run into someone as they zipped down the sidewalk instead of using the road. There are all types of cases covered under personal injury law.
One of the most bizarre cases where a personal injury attorney had to become involved was the case of a 76 year old woman walking on a pedestrian bridge. A teenager, disobeying the posted signs notifying that no skate boards or bicycles were allowed, ran into the woman and caused her significant bodily damage. The lawyer could not sue the teenager because obviously the teen did not have any assets to help pay for the woman’s medical expenses. But he did sue the teen’s parents and their home owner’s insurance covered the woman’s medical expenses and she received fair compensation for her pain and suffering.
There are many cases of pedestrians suffering personal injuries due to faulty crosswalks, overgrown hedges that obscured the vision from oncoming traffic and even sidewalks causing people to trip and fall. In most of those cases someone was at fault. In those examples it was the fault of the city or the county for not maintaining the streets, sidewalks and crosswalks.
It is comforting to know that personal injury law is there for you when you need it. If you are hurt due to someone else’s negligence, or even a city’s negligence, then you need to have the law on your side to pay for your medical expenses. Some claims may be dismissed by a judge but you will not know unless you make the injury claim. Hire a personal injury lawyer to help you win your case and get you the money you need.
- 8 questions I need answered after watching the first episode of Westworld
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Supreme Court to Hear 'Non-Injury' Privacy Class Action
- Lawsuits Follow Actos-Cancer Link
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT FTC Debates Cybersecurity Injury Standard
- TECHNOLOGY LAW CORNER New Rules: Social Media and Electronic Evidence
- Texting While Driving a Growing Scourge
- Drone, Ferris Wheel Altercation a Worrying Sign of the Times
- Analysis: IP Enforcement For Independent Developers
- Saturday Crapshoot: Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness
- OPINION Anticipating the Smart World of 2027: A Billion Cameras and AI, Oh My...