1) Irving School District is made up of 33000 students right in the heart of Dallas Fort Worth. $31 million dollars were awarded to the graduating seniors from the four area high schools in Irving; MacArthur, Nimitz, The Academy of Irving and Irving High School.
The School District’ libraries are nationally recognized as “Best in the Nation” (1991,2000) and features the Library Solution automated system that contains over 750,000 items.
Students in grades 9 through 12 are given laptop computers for use at home and school during the school year. $49.8 million in bond funds were approved by Irving voters for instructional technology in November 2007.
2) Irving Parks. There are currently 43 parks with over 2000 acres of land maintained by the City of Irving Parks and Recreation Department. Activities available include picnicking, hiking/biking trails, sports of all kinds, fishing, swimming, recreation centers, canoeing and boating. Read more at Irving Parks.
3) Irving Police Department. Irving police arrive on the scene within six minutes from the time a call is placed. Irving police care…
4) Irving Chamber Of Commerce. The Chamber is very active and full of great people. They are wild about their city and will make you feel at home. An active Chamber helps bring new business to the area and helps the community continue to grow. They help business’ and the community network together for the good of both.
5) The City is constantly looking for ways to improve and bring business to the area which will help keep the homeowners tax rate down.
6) Many new and revised ordinance regulations have been approved by City Council to further strengthen the city’s efforts to provide a safer, more visually appealing community. A huge push to continually improve the city’s image.
7) Up to Date, visionary library. The Irving Public Library offers a new service to help patrons find that next good book to read. BookNews, the new reader’s advisory service, provides access to free electronic newsletters about a variety of books via the library’s Web site or through e-mail.
This is a great, growing city to work in and to live in. Did I mention LOCATION??
- This Man Didn't Kill Anyone. Texas Plans To Execute Him Tonight Anyway.
- This Man Didn't Kill Anyone. Texas Plans To Execute Him Tonight Anyway. (UPDATE: Supreme Court Blocks Execution)
- Living Poor and Uninsured in a Red State
- Del Frisco's Restaurant Group Inc (DFRG) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- How Franklin Graham took the reins from his legendary father and created his own path
- State of the Union 2019: Read the full transcript
- $50 could have saved him, but his GoFundMe pitch didn’t get the clicks
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott's pet faces 'dangerous dog' hearing after attack on neighbor; 911 audio released
- Full text of Trump's State of the Union address
- The Legacies of William F. Buckley Jr.
10 Reasons to Live in Irving Texas have 461 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 24, 2009. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.