When recounting her life story, Jill Biden would often say falling in love with Joe Biden meant she’d be marrying “Joe, his boys and the State of Delaware.” She can now add the country to that list. After 31 years as the Delaware senator’s “drop-dead gorgeous” wife, Jill Biden, 57, is picking up stakes and about to join the ranks of second ladies when her husband is sworn in as vice president on Jan. 20 with President Barack Obama. Gone will be the nights waiting at the supper table in Wilmington for her husband to return home on Amtrak. Instead, it will be a move to the vice presidential mansion at the Naval Observatory in Washington, butler included, mingling with world leaders and the capital’s elite. Once the reluctant political spouse, Jill Biden, a community college English instructor, has come into her own after months of juggling campaign appearances and student papers. She plans to keep teaching part time and is weighing offers from Washington-area colleges. “She is very quietly smart, and she has come a long way in her ability to be out there and let the people feel with her,” said journalist Richard Ben Cramer, who profiled six… Read full this story
- How to apply for Blind Date and how to be in the audience – Tickets, application deadline and how the rebooted Channel 5 show works
- Who'll find love on our blind date? This week it's Audrey and John
- Who is Paul O’Grady? Blind Date and For the Love of Dogs presenter who used to perform as Lily Savage
- Man who predicted Blind Date couple would marry invited to wedding a year later
- Who is Paul O’Grady? Blind Date and For the Love of Dogs presenter who once performed as Lily Savage
- Who is Paul O’Grady? Blind Date host, Lily Savage creator and friend of the late Cilla Black
- Blind Date to include drag queens for the first time
- Former Blind Date contestant jailed for possessing cocaine and samurai sword
- Who was Cilla Black, when did she host Blind Date and what was Cilla The Musical all about?
- Couple who met on blind date celebrate golden wedding anniversary
From a blind date to second lady, Jill Biden's coming into her own have 362 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 28, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.