VND500 million ($31,000) is how much Song Lam Nghe An football club is reportedly willing to part with in the hope it can keep star striker Van Quyen for two more years.
Two weeks ago, the two sides discussed Quyen’s new two-year contract. Quyen agreed to stay with Song Lam Nghe An for one more year, receiving pay as a normal footballer (VND6-10 million per month). In the second year, Quyen asked the club to pay him an amount of money (or bonus) equal to his value on the market.
Song Lam Nghe An didn’t agree, saying that they would pay Quyen a monthly salary of VND20 million his second year with the bonus to be discussed later.
Because of the differing views, Quyen refused to sign a two-year contract previously drawn up by Song Lam Nghe An. An anonymous source said that this player hired a lawyer to protect his interests in negotiations with Song Lam Nghe An.
The case became more serious when Song Lam Nghe An stated it would try to keep Quyen. Though the current contract between Quyen and Song Lam Nghe An will expire on December 31, 2008, Song Lam Nghe An is playing an important part in the effort to mitigate Quyen’s suspension. Quyen was suspended from playing football for four years by the Vietnam Football Federation for involvement in a match-fixing case in 2005, starting from March 2007). If Quyen leaves Song Lam Nghe An, his suspension may not be mitigated.
Two clubs, one playing in the First Division and the other in V-League tournament, have been in contact with Quyen, saying that they are ready to pay bonuses of hundreds of thousands of US dollars for a 2-year contract with this striker.
Afraid of losing Van Quyen, Song Lam Nghe An made concessions. According to an anonymous source, this club is willing to pay VND500 million and a monthly salary of VND25 million ($1,470) for Quyen’s second year with this team.
- Ex-Brazil football star Ronaldinho, brother arrested in Paraguay
- A bet on the favourite in the Supreme Novices Hurdle will pay out as a winner, even if it finishes second place — here’s why
- Coronation Street star Nathan Graham hopes James Bailey’s gay storyline will help footballers come out
- Chile to quarantine returning football stars Sanchez and Vidal, health ministry says
- Football star Sala exposed to high levels of deadly carbon monoxide in plane
- Ronaldinho questioned by Paraguay police over former football star's alleged 'adulterated' passport
- Paraguayan Prison Where Football Star Ronaldinho is Held Organises Futsal Tournament - Reports
- Get PAID to have coronavirus: Scientists in London will pay volunteers £3,500 to be infected in experiments to develop a vaccine for the deadly virus
- Brewers will pay Christian Yelich until 2042
- Ronaldinho: Brazilian football star arrested in Paraguay over fake passport claims
- Tour company will pay you to travel the world - if you go with a complete stranger
- PGA Tour will pay even bigger bucks to fend off Premier Golf League threat
- Arthur Blank will pay hourly employees who are off work because of coronavirus
- Ronaldinho is accused of using a fake passport to enter Paraguay and ordered to appear before prosecutors after police search the Brazilian football star's hotel suite
- 4 Ohio State football assistants top $1 million in salary
- Will Ronaldinho and brother face prosecution for fake passports?
- US Soccer says it offered women's team equal pay for matches under its control
- RBS bonus plan blocked by government
- Bosses pay the price as taxpayer moves in
- Fifa gives FKF deadline in Amrouche pay row
SLNA willing to pay football star $31,000 bonus have 578 words, post on at November 5, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.