The auto news biz is abuzz with rumors of Chrysler’s endgame. Even a quick scan reveals that there are more potential scenarios and pitfalls than Operation Eagle Claw, America’s ill-fated attempt to rescue its hostages from Iran. Cerberus trades Chrysler to GM for GM’s remaining share of GMAC. Chrysler sells Jeep to Renault and the rest to GM. Chrysler parts out the company and THEN declares Chapter 11. But no matter how this plays out, foot soldiers will be sacrificed, the American auto industry will remain bound and gagged and the generals will get off Scott free.Let’s start with what we know. Cerberus never intended to run Chrysler as an automaker. As Ken Elias pointed-out in his GM Death Watch, right from the git-go, the automaker’s most recent owners have starved Chrysler of all the investment necessary to run Chrysler as a going concern. In that sense, they lied to union workers, white collar employees, suppliers, dealers and customers. And the media bought their lies like a teenager purchasing a pack of condom with a knowing cock tease by his side. Hey baby, are you into EVs?Now that Cerberus has been unmasked by the rest of the media (TTAC called… Read full this story
- Suicide Squad Deleted Scenes Revealed and Why They Were Cut
- What Does Disney's Fox Deal Mean for Movies? 'X-Men vs. Avengers' and All-Female 'A-Force' Films are Possible
- Auto workers to return to work, providing hope in jobs crisis
- Sink Your Teeth Into These 45 Juicy Celebrity Tell-Alls
- After years without turning a profit, Tesla is now poised to be a powerhouse
- How Would You Like $2 Million to Steal Elvis' Coffin?
- 2019 Texas APME awards list
- Auto workers’ tenuous return a ray of hope in jobs crisis
- Auto workers' tenuous return a ray of hope in jobs crisis
- Auto workers' tenuous return a ray of hope in jobs crisis in US
Editorial: Chrysler Suicide Watch 40: GM Merger A Done Deal. Or A Breakup. Or Something. have 310 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at October 17, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.