If you lead worship for your church, small group or prayer meeting, one challenge you will have is keeping yourself from stagnating. It’s too easy to let yourself stop growing if you feel that you are doing an adequate job and everything is fine. Sometimes it’s a question of time: we do not have enough time to do everything we want to do. And ministry can take a backseat after the other responsibilities of life.
So if you want to keep growing in effectiveness as a worship leader but don’t have that much time to invest in this ministry, here are the three things that will give you the best investment of your time.
1) Seek out new songs to use – If you are a worship leader, worship songs are the arrows in your quiver. The more good songs you can use effectively, the stronger you are in this ministry. You can find new songs from songwriters who have written good worship songs before. Paul Baloche and Chris Tomlin immediately come to mind.
You can also look for old songs that have not been used for a long time. The number of new songs released on ‘worship’ albums grows exponentially every year, but most of those are not very usable in your local church, prayer meeting or small group. If your church or group has a significant number of younger believers, good songs written ten years ago will be fresh and new to them.
Or if you don’t have that much time to sift through the songs to seek new gems that you can use, here’s a short-cut: fellowship with other worship leaders and ask them what are the worship songs that they’ve found to work really well.
2) Spend time reading the Bible aloud – When you spend time reading the Bible aloud, it ministers to you on many levels and in many ways. But something I would like to point out here is this: God’s Word has substance and solidity in it. Jesus said “The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and they are life…” (John 6:63)
So when we allocate time to speaking God’s word, the Spirit and life of God’s word rubs off on us. You’ll find that there is a weightiness and power on your singing and worship leading when you do that. Just remember to give time for the fruit to begin to show.
3) Test and track – That is what direct marketers do when they are serious about knowing what works. If you are as serious about worship ministry as they are about marketing, you have to take this seriously too.
Record yourself leading worship. Get at least the singing, and if you can get it video-ed, that’s even better. And objectively listen to not only your leading, but also to the response of the people.
If it’s a song that the people aren’t familiar with they may not respond to it immediately. But if it’s the 3rd time in 3 weeks you’ve used the song and the people still aren’t singing, then something is not right, either with your choice of song or the your worship leading methods and techniques.
Conclusion: These steps are simple. They take effort, yes, but you will discover that they yield you the most results for your time. So get out there, implement these tips into your worship ministry lifestyle, and get ready to grow in your effectiveness for the Lord!
- Pastors, worship leaders pray for Trump in Oval Office amid impeachment fight
- Singing for their supper: A capella church worship groups break into song at Tennessee Chick-fil-As in surprise flash mob performances
- Attacks on leaders part of democracy — Buba Galadima (2)
- Spartacus: History of Gladiator Revolt Leader
- Eid el-Sallah: MURIC says Nigeria can be great again
- Brian Houston 'prays for Trump' during official visit to White House
- Sean Hannity: 'My faith has gotten stronger as I've gotten older'
- After Charlottesville Drops Jefferson's Birthday, UVA Republicans, Democrats Differ on School's Celebration
- It is that time of the year again
- Alan Keyes Is Helping Sell a Toxic Bleach ‘Cure’ to the Vulnerable and Desperate
- The Captive Mind of Trump True Believer David Horowitz
- A look at some of the issues Ikedife cared about
- Blasphemy allegation: Over 200 booked for anti-Hindu riots in Ghotki
- VP Mike Pence meets, prays with pastors of burned St. Landry churches: 'You’ve overcome evil with good'
- 'Modi sees himself as a man of destiny'
- Cong's duty to defend secular space, 'Hindutva Lite' not answer to Hindi heartland woes: Shashi Tharoor
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump at AIPAC: "We need steady hands" in the White House
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Hints at Incestuous Romance Between Jon Snow and Daenerys
- Who are you calling a bitch?
- Top 10 Raging Feminist Fails Of 2017
How to Be a Better Worship Leader have 789 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 11, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.