Résumés have come a long way since they were just typed pages that chronologically listed employment histories, job duties, and educational qualifications. Hiring managers are inundated with hundreds of résumés that still follow old school.In a competitive economy, however, a résumé needs to work much harder. Every inch of résumé space must be used to effectively communicate your value proposition and differentiation strategy. This is not as intimidating as it sounds. A little CPR (creativity, planning, and research) can transform almost any résumé into a compelling story that drives the desired impact.Five tips1. Adopt a different mindsetWhat if you were not a job seeker but a service provider? How would you approach the writing process? Your résumé would then be written like a marketing brochure or an advertisement selling your services, right? Working with an ad agency is certainly not a pre-requisite for writing a good résumé, but adopting the mindset of one could do wonders to the document.2. Research needsLet’s admit it. Employers are not benevolent institutions hiring you out of the goodness of their hearts. They have a reason, a need, and, most importantly, a job that needs to be done. The person who will ultimately win the… Read full this story
- Talk to me! Top tips for conducting interviews with scientists
- 'Keep Rs 100 in answer sheets': Principal arrested for giving cheating tips to students in exam
- Adhere to these 3 rules while making Option Writing a permanent part of your strategy
- Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli claim they 'knew nothing about daughter Olivia Jade's fake resume that claimed she was a gold medal-winning rower on her high school team'
- Donnie Wahlberg Leaves $2,020 Tip at IHOP to Celebrate 2020: 'I Just Started Crying,' Says Server
- The Lost Pianos of Siberia by Sophy Roberts review – original and compelling
- How to write a science feature
- UP Board Exam 2020: School manager arrested for giving ‘cheating tips’ to students| Watch Video
- Canterbury night races, tips, Matt Jones best bets and analysis
- Easy tips on how to disinfect your makeup products regularly
Five Tips For Writing a Compelling Resume have 363 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 5, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.