Due to popular demand and the fact that we love trying weird foods and candies, The A.V. Club will now regularly feature “Taste Tests.” Feel free to suggest disgusting and/or delicious new edibles for future installments: E-mail us at [email protected] Various flavored Walkers potato chips from England, $1 per bag The third thing Americans know about Great Britain, after The Beatles and The Stones, is that Brits like weird-flavored potato chips. (And they call them “crisps”; isn’t that adorable?) Don’t get me wrong, Americans savor stupid flavors, too, but for some reason, the Brits tend toward flavors that resemble bits of an actual meal rather than, y’know, just flavors. For example: Americans have BBQ chips, while the British offer BBQ Rib chips. See the difference? One of the biggest perpetrators of chip-flavoring in the UK is Walkers, whose packaging will undoubtedly look familiar to chip-friendly Yanks: It’s exactly the same logo as Lay’s, with a red ribbon around a yellow sun. That’s because Walkers and Lay’s are both part of the PepsiCo empire. So don’t worry, you’re still eating corporate. We couldn’t get our hands on every odd variety of Walkers crisps, but we did manage to sneak four small… Read full this story
- Easter taste test: hot cross buns, dark and milk eggs, and chocolate animals
- For years, we’ve enjoyed the flavour that other cultures have added to our lives
- Chip packet colours should have an international flavour standard
- At Hanukkah, get ready for frying and more frying
- From income tax to motoring – how you can cut your tax bill whatever happens in next week’s Budget
- Watch Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey Go Grocery Shopping for the First Time in 'Years'
- Our 10 best parsley recipes
- Holi Special Recipes: Here are 6 yummy recipes to celebrate this festival
- Our 10 best British recipes
- The OFM 50: our favourite foods, recipes, restaurants and more
Taste Test: Walkers Potato Crisps have 316 words, post on thetakeout.com at April 8, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.