With more and more people wanting to work from home so they can spend more time with their families, companies are starting to understand the value of hiring off-site employees. Not only do they save money on office space and equipment, they have a vast pool of potential workers from which to choose the best.
Like anything else, work at home jobs are not for everyone. But those who have made working from home a career all have similar qualities that employers will look for in an interview and from your work experience.
Reliability is important because employers will learn that they don’t need to micromanage your work. Being on time, whether for a shift at a call center or meeting a typing deadline, is vital to earning the trust of your online employer. If the employer cannot count on you to finish the job on time, your jobs will soon be sent to someone else.
The ability to multi-task will help improve your production rate. Knowing what stage each project is at will show employers that you are fully in control of your workload. Meeting multiple deadlines on time will give you a gold star and your chances are good of getting more projects.
Work from home employees who show a high level of responsibility are in high demand. Moms with children will show a different level of dedication to a job than a college student. For a work from home mom, missing a shift means possibly less food for the kids. On the other hand, if a student misses a shift, he just loses some extra spending money.
Responsibility also means being honest with employers and taking ownership of your mistakes. Employers don’t want to hear you place blame on others for missing a deadline. They want to hear an honest reason and what you will do to make it up.
Have you asked yourself what will motivate you to work from home? Will you get distracted with the kids or the housework that needs to be done? Enjoying your work and knowing the reasons you want to work from home will help you stay motivated to get your work done on time.
Being organized is another important quality, especially if you accept work from multiple companies. Having a planner with deadlines listed is a must as is having a system for handling paperwork. Even in this age of computers, we can easily become overwhelmed with paper.
If you can find your way around the internet, then you have a vast array of online jobs to choose from. Likewise, those companies who hire work from home employees have thousands of potential candidates. Developing these qualities will greatly improve your chances of landing a work at home job.
- Yahoo chief bans working from home
- 10 Ways to Increase Work-Life Balance
- The Case for Staying Home from Work
- Waitrose secrets explained by ex-employee - and how you can get free stuff
- Canberra developers say they aren't to blame for bad buildings, as Government plans 'dodgy developer' ban
- How home tutoring is breaking the jinx of conventional schools
- Will the future of work be ethical?
- How declining air quality across India is impacting real estate
- Facebook, Amazon and Samsung: 2019 is the year tech couldn't stop screwing up
- The Best And Worst Moments In Leadership In 2014
- Body hair: Trim it or treasure it?
- Uber CEO takes leave of absence amid shakeup
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 24
- Women at the helm of multimillion-dollar businesses in Vietnam
- Executive Turntable: Moves at Sony Music UK, Republic Records, BMI & More
- The Devil and Ginger Baker
- The iPhone 6 (And 6 Plus) Go To Disneyland
- The True GRIT of a Serial Transformational Leader
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- SF residents vow to keep fighting Navigation Center as supes weigh its fate
Important Qualities For Work From Home Employees have 620 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 25, 2008. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.