Old and antique pieces are often prone to develop mold on them, if not taken
proper care of. Mold or mildew can be better described as a kind of fungus which
is mostly found in damp and humid regions. This mold can easily be located on
bits of wood, natural clothes or any substance which is even the slightest touch
of organic elements like soil or food. This is one of the main reasons why
antique wood furniture is more susceptible to develop mold on them. Several ways
on how to clean mold from antique wood furniture are discussed here below.
One of the most important questions which bother individuals is how to clean
molds from antique wood furniture. Though there are several mold preventers
available in the market today, it is better to observe proper precautions to
prevent antique wood furniture become mold-infested. These preventive measures
include removing any traces of dampness and cleaning the furniture regularly.
The mildew fungus requires a temperature of at least 75 degrees to 85 degrees
Fahrenheit. People often tend to confuse this mildew fungus with dust and
ignore it. Individuals who come across mold on antique wooden furniture can
check it by placing a little amount of chlorine on it. If the spot on the
furniture is mildew fungus, the spot will automatically disappear.
People often keep their antique wooden furniture which is not being use
currently in their basements. Basements are one of the target areas where mold
develops on wooden furniture. This primarily happens because basements are often
the most neglected and damp areas of a house with little or no access to any
form of direct sunlight. The area, in which antique furniture is placed, should
always be well-ventilated and regularly cleaned in order to prevent accumulation
There are also high chances of an underground basement being continually wet
because of leaking pipe fittings or faulty/outdated hardware settings.
Accumulation of molds on antique wooden furniture can be reduced significantly
if proper stress is laid on the implementation of good quality waterproofing
materials and hardware solutions. Stagnant water should never be allowed near
wooden furniture as it acts as the breeding ground for the mold causing fungi.
People are often worried about methods on how to clean mold from antique wood
furniture. This can be easily done by cleaning the surface of antique furniture
with a mild detergent. This should be immediately followed up by rubbing off the
furniture with a dry cloth to remove any traces of dampness.
Several other methods which can be adopted to remove mold from antique
furniture include using powerful cleaners which are specially designed to
eliminate any trace of mold from antique furniture and make it shining again
like brand new. Though, a patch test should be carried out to check whether
these cleaners do not distort the look of the furniture. But generally, these
cleaners made from wax are a sure-shot way to eliminate mold from furniture and
prevent its recurrence as it forms a protective layer over the surface of the
- They Came for a Piece of the Rockefeller Mystique. They Mostly Came Up Empty.
- In the Heart of Louisiana, One Man’s Impossibly Ornate Home
- Inside Phillip Schofield’s plush Henley pad, complete with a rustic kitchen, huge conservatory and one VERY colourful suit
- Best bookcases 2018
- The magic of linen: add some rustic chic or a layer of luxury in your home
- Minnesotans reach out to a struggling Puerto Rico
- Park Slope: What to do and eat in this leafy brownstone haven
- Couple added their own touches to restored historic Waukesha home
- The Fab 50: Ireland's 50 best places to stay for 2018
- Tour for a cure: Architectural treasure is this year's Breast Cancer Showhouse
- Shotgun House Tour opens the doors to eclectic beauties in Algiers Point
- 25 weekend getaways every New Yorker should take
- the one redecorating tip top interior designers swear by
- Dog About Town: Dashing, dining and more things to do
- Dog About Town: Stroll and sip with your pooch this weekend
- Dog About Town: Shopping, playing and more pooch-friendly fun
- Rundown Marigny home renovated into weekend getaway and apartments
- By Design: 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan
- Design of workspaces can contribute to productivity, workers' comfort
- D.C.'s Biggest Homeless Shelter Is About to Close. Will Amazon Take Its Place?
Safeguard Your Antique Wooden Furniture from Molds have 703 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 3, 2007. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.