Interesting people are everywhere. I met Ben Viccari a few weeks ago at the initial screening of a documentary called “Small Places – Small Homes”. The documentary profiled the life of four immigrant families who had chosen to settle in small rural Canadian towns and spoke to their unique challenges and adjustment experiences. During the party afterwards I was introduced to Ben Viccari, a distinguished writer and journalist, and a pioneer of Canadian multiculturalism.Ben is a fascinating individual – at almost 90 years of age he is in the process of creating his second television documentary and involved in multiple projects at the same time. Ben has decades of public relations experience and during the last quarter century also became involved in ethnic publications. At present Ben is the President of the Canadian Ethnic Media Association which speaks to issues of immigrant settlement, heritage preservation and the ethnic communities’ role in nation building.He is also a regular commentator on Omni Television and runs an online publication called “Canscene” which introduces the reader to multicultural issues in Canada. In this article Ben shares with us his life experience throughout his early years, the Second World War, and his almost 60 years… Read full this story
- Nuclear test veteran Doug, 82, honoured for lifetime of campaigning
- Slain civil rights leader Vernon Dahmer honored with statue
- Signature Gives Back Hosts 2nd Powerhouse Charity Golf Tournament to "Be the Change"
- What Choices Can Make You Just a Little Bit Happier?
- Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
- The ruthlessly effective rebranding of Europe’s new far right
- DFA Awards 2019 Honours Design Giants
- The I in We
- David French, Sohrab Ahmari, and the Battle for the Future of Conservatism
- National Book Awards: Sigrid Nunez wins fiction prize as Isabel Allende is honoured
Presenting - Ben Viccari - A Lifetime Dedicated to Multicultural Communications have 293 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 3, 2007. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.